Guaranty Rate Question?

SgpMBL

Anyone know how Norwegian handles their guarantee stateroom? My husband and I don't really care what room we get so we booked an interior guarantee rate.

I was a bit surprised though that our cabin was assigned so early and we got put in the lowest level of the ship in a room next to a stairwell. Is this just a placeholder? Or does Norwegian just assign these rooms at first, but then assign the actual rooms later?

This is our first time on Norwegian, so we don't know what to expect. On other cruise lines, it wasn't until 2-3 months before the cruise that the stateroom was assigned. But we booked this one a couple of weeks ago and the room was assigned almost the next day. The cruise itself isn't until August 2011.

Thanks in advance for any advice or info that people can give.

As in any GTY on any ship, almost all companies, they will assign you whatever room they want, including next to stairwell or whatever.

They do sometimes change the room, and can do that right up until the day of the cruise.

It may be the cabin you end up with, but maybe not. With a guarantee, your stateroom assignment isn't final until you check in at the port. We booked an inside gty on the Pride of America last year and already had our cabin assigned when we made final payment. Our assignment didn't change, but I'm pretty sure that our ship sailed full so that may have been why.

If you are unhappy with the possibility of this being your final cabin, you can change it but will have to pay the difference. Otherwise, wait it out and see what happens.

my only experience and the last with GTY was booked WORST CABIN...WORST DECK...that was changed for a couple of bucks more and i got to pick the locale which was WORTH IT...didnt want to take the chance on being STUCK where they assigned me right away!!--we ended up with a FREE upgrade from inside to OV on that sailing so EVERYTHING worked out perfectly!!

I don't book a guarantee category until I see that category is full. I never book the lowest category of inside room as a guarantee, because I hate that lowest deck and could get put there.

I have lucked out in the past, but now I feel that a specific location of my choice is worth the small price difference, so I don't think that I would book a guarantee again.

I don't book a guarantee category until I see that category is full. I never book the lowest category of inside room as a guarantee, because I hate that lowest deck and could get put there.

I have lucked out in the past, but now I feel that a specific location of my choice is worth the small price difference, so I don't think that I would book a guarantee again.

We are new at GTY booking and am curious, Bakerintn, why you wait until the category is full? (I know why I would do that, but am curious to see if my thinking is the same as yours)

We are new at GTY booking and am curious, Bakerintn, why you wait until the category is full? (I know why I would do that, but am curious to see if my thinking is the same as yours)

I book a gty for a certain category that is full or almost...that way I am almost guaranteed an "upgrade" to a higher deck...again, I never book a gty category that is on a deck that I do not want to be on.

Archived