Noro on Quest

florisdekort

Captain Smith announced this morning that the percentage of passengers infected with the noro virus has breached the CDC threshold and that the ship is now taking the usual measures: no more self service in the buffet, no more hand shaking, etc. He also said the ship will be sanitized upon arrival in Civitavecchia tomorrow, so I assume boarding will be delayed (or at least that it won't start early).

I'll post more later, but just wanted to add that this has been a fabulous cruise. Quest is an amazing ship with a wonderful crew. I'll definitely come back!

Best Regards,

Floris

Floris (my father's name, by the way),

Any other news to report. We leave home tomorrow morning (early) to fly to Rome to join the Quest. Should we worry?

Thanks for any advice.

John (Jan)

Jumping in to say Hi to you, John!:)

We almost got to sail again with you - were on the Quest a week or two ago! I missed the baby grand in the library - it wasn't there :eek:.

Wouldn't matter because my favorite piano player wasn't there, either! ;)

Kathy from Journey TA.

The ship isn't sick; people on it are. They are leaving the ship when it docks. Everything should be fine for the next cruise. Since this is happening at the end of the cruise someone likely picked "something" up at one of the ports and shared it with others onboard.

The ship isn't sick; people on it are. They are leaving the ship when it docks. Everything should be fine for the next cruise. .

That would be true if none of the crew members are sick/carriers, as they will be staying on the ship. Hopefully they will isolate those crew members that are effected. I am sure the precautions will continue.

The ship isn't sick; people on it are. They are leaving the ship when it docks. Everything should be fine for the next cruise. Since this is happening at the end of the cruise someone likely picked "something" up at one of the ports and shared it with others onboard.

This is a rather short sighted view as Norovirus is most often spread on objects that infected people have touched. Once it is in a building or on a ship, it can be hard to eradicate.

Sue

Kathy, How lovely of you to 'jump in'. Don't worry, we are still SOOOO excited to be back on Azamara. We did know about the lack of piano, but will 'suffer' the deprivation. Hope to sail with you again. John (and Paul)

Kathy, How lovely of you to 'jump in'. Don't worry, we are still SOOOO excited to be back on Azamara. We did know about the lack of piano, but will 'suffer' the deprivation. Hope to sail with you again. John (and Paul)

John and Paul:

We have such fond memories of our Journey TA and the wonderful mornings of music! Have a great trip! :D

Bon Voyage!

Maybe some more reports of the severity of Noro onboard Quest will come in soon.

It was 1%, not 5% so that means that only six people were sick and I was told that none of the crew was infected. I was more concerned by all of the coughing and sneezing I heard from day one!

In my opinion, the buffet should never be self serve -- that's where germs are spread easily so why wait until there is an outbreak.

The ship can't control what is brought onboard as far as disease goes, but they can keep sanitizing it, which I saw them do constantly. No worries!

Archived