Blu on Eclipse

HnRT

I know there has been a lot of traffic on this topic. Unfortunately this left me a little confused being booked on as AQ cabin nest September! I had selected select dining which I became concerned about after post saying this would result in my being moved to the main dining hall.

I called my TA who took some time but confirmed that as a AQ I would be in the blu restaurant. HOWEVER...

I had already emailed celebrity and received an email reply today which confirmed that (and I would have cut and paste but couldn't make it work!)

Select dining would remove me from the Blu restaurant and that they advised me to urgently contact my TA to select a dining time to re-allocate me. It doesn't matter which dining time I select as Blu is anytime dining.

I know this is what a number of posts have already said and sorry to duplicate.

Rachel

In point of fact all of Blu is the equivalent of select dining -- there is not assigned seating time. You may get a card in your room with a time, but just ignore the time and show up when you want, and they will seat you. We were in the Equinox last year and never had to wait more than 2 - 3 minutes for a table. We showed up anywhere from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM, never a problem.

In point of fact all of Blu is the equivalent of select dining -- there is not assigned seating time. You may get a card in your room with a time, but just ignore the time and show up when you want, and they will seat you. We were in the Equinox last year and never had to wait more than 2 - 3 minutes for a table. We showed up anywhere from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM, never a problem.

And this is why people are continually confused on this point. Including apparently the OP's TA.

What cruserfromohio says is correct. But what the OP says is correct also. Eventhough Blu is essentially open dining, at least after the first night, when you book your reservation you have to select early or late seating. If you select select dining, you will be assigned to the MDR, not Blu. It's counterintuitive, it doesn't make sense but that's what it is.

OP, call your TA, straighten him or her out, and change your reservation to early or late seating. You'll be assigned to Blu and after the first night have open seating.

If you desire to eat in Blu, get rid of the Select dining. I was recently in AQ on Solstice and you will receive a letter which will request that you dine the first evening at your appointed time. THe letter also states that Blu is now anytime dining, go when you wish. If the appointed time the first night is not convienent don't worry about it, you can go when you want, they just want to get an idea of space and availabity.

If you want further confirmation, here is the link to the item about Select Dining. We have had this come up numerous times. It is very confusing and its almost like Celebrity has it backwards. Many TAs are clueless about this situation.'

If I am an AquaClass guests, can I choose Celebrity Select Dining?

Subject: Celebrity Select Dining

Yes. You may choose Celebrity Select Dining, however, you will be seated in the Main Dining Room, and will no longer be seated in Blu.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000eXJ9xTBooy7U-XQYYKzy_o8:12h3rnd1c?faqSubjectName=Celebrity+Select+Dining&faqId=3857&pagename=faq_answers

Bottomline I guess if you ABSOLUTELY want to be assured that you WILL be eating in Blu is to pick "traditional" dining and select a time, either time, it won't matter as Blu doesn't adhere to those times anyway. That way there will be NO room for interpretation and you can rest easy knowing you'll be assigned Blu.:)

Archived