My Review Sun Princess 1/10/10

tompaddyelle

Thanks Kate for an inspirational review. DH and I are booked on the Sun Princess next year for the August 16, 21 day Asian cruise out of Fremantle. It's taken us 3 years to book our second cruise and like yourselves, didn't want to get off the Pacific Star after 7 days of the most enjoyable and relaxing holiday we had been on. Was also our honeymoon, so extra special. Thanks again for the great preview. 10 months to go!!!:)

Kate - What a wonderful review. I really felt sad when I read your final day. I too hate putting the bags in the hall and looking down and seeing them all. What type of sea sickness tablets do you take. Even after 17 odd cruises I still get a bit iffy sometimes. I eat ginger - you know, the type you put in cakes. When we go next September I am goint to do the line dancing. I have always wanted to do it but was a bit shy going by myself but you have given me the confidence to try.

Thanks again. Hope to see you on a cruise sometime.

Janet:)

Janet!

Make sure you get out there and do the line dancing I promise you you will have a ball :) I didn't know anyone else either so I just got up and joined in. The ladies and men doing the classes were really friendly and we had a great laugh trying to stay upright in the rough seas :)

For sea sickness I took Avomine which worked really well for me. I only started feeling a bit iffy because I missed a night taking a tablet but once I was back on track I felt fine. I took them at night before I went to bed because they did tend to knock me out (I slept like the dead!!) ;)

I probably snored loudly too :o

Have a great cruise in September and think of me when you do the grapevine!! :D

Thanks for the great review with wonderful photos. We are on Sun Princess at start of Dec and it has been several years between cruises!

Last time was on Pacific Princess which is a really small ship compared to some of the newer mammoths that sail today.

So it was lovely to see some pictures of "our" ship as she is in reality rather than the publicity shots in the brochure. I hope to have as wonderful time as you did on our journey around NZ.

Great review good pics I never manage to take any good ones.

We are due on the Sun out of Perth next May so getting very antzy about waiting.

The $3.99 drinks after 8pm is a new thing I think as we were on the Sun for 76 days 2 years ago and they did not have them then. Where are they served?

Verdes is good but I wish they had the other items ( which are available in the evening) at lunch time and not just the pizza as I love the alternatives like pasta and eggs etc.

Thanks again Yvonne:eek:

Kate, thank you for your review, the pictures are great just like being there, we only got off in September so it was great to see Romeo and the band and imagine I was back there. We have already booked for 21 nights out of Freo next August, we have done it before, but there are still things we can do in the ports of call. Agree with you about the buffet, never been a fan of them, the dining room is so much nicer for lunch and you can either join a group and chat away for an hour or so or get in, eat and get out if you have something you want to go to. This year we had breakfast in bed on sea days, and only went to the buffet for something cooked on port days, great to sip coffee and eat fruit and pastries while watching the sea from the balcony. I bet home is hard to take!!

Great review good pics I never manage to take any good ones.

We are due on the Sun out of Perth next May so getting very antzy about waiting.

The $3.99 drinks after 8pm is a new thing I think as we were on the Sun for 76 days 2 years ago and they did not have them then. Where are they served?

Verdes is good but I wish they had the other items ( which are available in the evening) at lunch time and not just the pizza as I love the alternatives like pasta and eggs etc.

Thanks again Yvonne:eek:

Hi Yvonne,

The $3.99 drinks were available from any bar after 8pm. I had many a pina colada let me tell you :)

I agree with you about Verdi's limited lunch menu. Their other dinner items were yummy and I did look for them the first time I had lunch there. But their pizza was soooooooo yummy I soon got over it ;)

Kate, thank you for your review, the pictures are great just like being there, we only got off in September so it was great to see Romeo and the band and imagine I was back there. We have already booked for 21 nights out of Freo next August, we have done it before, but there are still things we can do in the ports of call. Agree with you about the buffet, never been a fan of them, the dining room is so much nicer for lunch and you can either join a group and chat away for an hour or so or get in, eat and get out if you have something you want to go to. This year we had breakfast in bed on sea days, and only went to the buffet for something cooked on port days, great to sip coffee and eat fruit and pastries while watching the sea from the balcony. I bet home is hard to take!!

Isn't coming home such a downer?? :(

I was happy to get home to see my kids but as soon as I saw them I wanted to pack their bags and get straight back on the ship!

Wow 21 nights sounds wonderful! That one is going to be very hard to recover from........... 21 days of being completely spoilt back to mundane every day life *sigh*. Totally jealous though :D

Make sure you write a review when you get back so I can live vicariously through you :D

Isn't coming home such a downer?? :(

I was happy to get home to see my kids but as soon as I saw them I wanted to pack their bags and get straight back on the ship!

Thanks for such a great review.

We only recently came back from our first ever cruise (16 nights on the Jewel) and were also both overall very impressed. I'm certainly a convert!

I've always found the best cure for post holiday depression is planning your next trip! And we already are. :)

Archived