Need help with Miami hotel 11/4 - 11/6

Indianamale

I need help, and I thought maybe my fellow cc members could help me. We will be in Miami for a pre cruise stay on 11/4 - 11/6 . We need one room for the first night and then 2 rooms for the second night. We will have a rental car untill Friday eve. I am having such a hard time finding a nice place to stay for 100.00 a room per night. Last year we stayed at Hyatt summerfield suites for 150.00 for a 2 bedroom trio and we loved it. This year they want over 200 . I hope you guys can help. Thanks for any help you might be able to give me. My DW is ready to kill me now because I should have booked our room already.

I assume that you're checking the Blue Lagoon area. You might find some better pricing out at Doral. It's the other side of the airport, and they have the moderately priced chains out there. Lots of restaurants and strip malls. Many hotels have airport shuttles and transportation to the port.

Another option is the Embassy Suites MIA. They have a free shuttle from MIA, a shuttle for $10 per person (first person is free) to POM, hot breakfast and a manager's reception with cocktails and nibblies. I think they have a fly/sleep/cruise deal for $159 per night. You'll save on some transportation costs. Plus, I like the suites.

Oh, I did a search on Hotels.com Doral Florida and got tons of places at around $60 per night:

Since you will have a rental car skip all of the downtown hotels beacuse of the $25-30+/day parking fees. :eek: The Bunny has good hotel advice above!

If you drop your rental car at MIA some of the companies have a free shuttle to POM -- Alamo? Thrifty? Dollar? :confused: Reports on these boards have been confusing.:( If no shuttle is available, a taxi (a mini-van cab costs the same and should fit your group+bags) from MIA to POM is a flat rate fo $24+tip. Not sure if the flat rate applies from the rental car center - even if they run the meter the fare will be under $30 including tip.

Both Hertz and Avis have downtown Miami locations close to POM - drop your bags with a porter along with the rest of your group, and then return the car. A taxi from either office back to POM will run about $10.

Good luck!:)

I need help, and I thought maybe my fellow cc members could help me. We will be in Miami for a pre cruise stay on 11/4 - 11/6 . We need one room for the first night and then 2 rooms for the second night. We will have a rental car untill Friday eve. I am having such a hard time finding a nice place to stay for 100.00 a room per night. Last year we stayed at Hyatt summerfield suites for 150.00 for a 2 bedroom trio and we loved it. This year they want over 200 . I hope you guys can help. Thanks for any help you might be able to give me. My DW is ready to kill me now because I should have booked our room already.

If you would like to stay at the Intercontinental which is about a 5 min. walk to Bayside Marketplace you could get it for $84.00 a night through lastminutetravel. Just put in miami, your dates and enter, then you will have a choice of areas, click on downtown and enter. The first one is the IC with 5* for $84 (to make absolutely sure click on more info. and see that it says "66,000 –sq ft of event space for business meetings, conferences , and special occasions" under Meeting Facilities.

I know you requirements are not the same as ours, but we just tried Priceline for the first time and got a 3 1/2 *( Marriott Biscayne Bay )which is almost ontop of port and Bayside market for $105 , lists for over $240 for Jan 9th 11. Won't book anyother way again ,

Archived