Serenade 10/10/10-Southern-Review with Pics!

bigque

Hi- I just happened upon this review. Looks great - we are doing a similiar itinerary on Adventure of the Seas. The tip about the airport is much appreciated! Thanks for sharing!

Yes. A lot of folks will head right tho the airline counter only to be turned back to go to the USDA check.

Loved your review! Thanks for taking the time to share with us. We also loved Maho beach and watching all the planes. Sorry, to hear the beach is gone! :(

I believe the beach is not in as bad as shape now as when we were there!

Yes. A lot of folks will head right tho the airline counter only to be turned back to go to the USDA check.

That check sounds similar to the one in the airports in Hawaii. There is an inspection for all checked bags and another down by the gates for carry on.

It was really nice to re-read this Mike!! Hope you guys are doing well!! Mike and I booked our next one for Dec 2012 on Adventure..same Islands and all!!

Hey. It's good to hear from you. Hope all is well! So you will be on the Adventure same route. Don't be hanging out over by that sign on Orient beach! You just might be tempted to take a walk on over next time. LOL! Next up for us is The Westerm Carib on the Freedom Sept 2012.

Tempting to hang out by the sign! We did the Western in 2008, and it's awesome! I am a little sad we won't be on the Serenade again this time around though!! I think that she is as of right now my favorite ship! I am sure AOS will be great too though. Looking now, we did Montego Bay Jamaica when we did our Western route. Are you going to try out the Dunns river falls?

Tempting to hang out by the sign! We did the Western in 2008, and it's awesome! I am a little sad we won't be on the Serenade again this time around though!! I think that she is as of right now my favorite ship! I am sure AOS will be great too though. Looking now, we did Montego Bay Jamaica when we did our Western route. Are you going to try out the Dunns river falls?

Yes I am definately going to the falls!

You will have to come back and do another review!! We didn't do the Falls on ours because the trip was too far from Mo Bay!! That and you take such great pictures! That might inspire us to go for a western next time :)

Yes I will be looking forward to doing another review! This one was fun doing it!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Glad you enjoyed it! There is so much to see on these islands, They are so beautiful! Of course I couldn't post all the pictures as I took almost 500 of them. Be it a beach person or a tour person, you are going to love this cruise! Happy Sailing!

I did this cruise a few years ago but it was a 9 day cruise. Your review and photos brought it all back to me and it has been a great way to spend the afternoon reading this! My husband and I are diamond members of Royal Caribbean and Serenade of the Seas is our favorite ship. Have been on it several times and food, entertainment, service, etc. are always great.

We are looking forward to sailing on Brilliance of the Seas which is a sister ship to Serenade on August 31 of this year. Will be doing the TA from London to Boston with ports to places we have never been. Have been on other cruise lines but always glad to be back on Royal C.

In your review, it sounded like you and your wife got on the ship with the intention of having a great cruise and managed to do so -- it was very refreshing since some people write about all the things they don't like. I am always happy to just be on a ship and having my meals ready, room cared for, etc. And it is so much fun meeting people from all over and keeping in touch with some after you get home.

Thanks for wonderful review and great photos.

Betty

I did this cruise a few years ago but it was a 9 day cruise. Your review and photos brought it all back to me and it has been a great way to spend the afternoon reading this! My husband and I are diamond members of Royal Caribbean and Serenade of the Seas is our favorite ship. Have been on it several times and food, entertainment, service, etc. are always great.

We are looking forward to sailing on Brilliance of the Seas which is a sister ship to Serenade on August 31 of this year. Will be doing the TA from London to Boston with ports to places we have never been. Have been on other cruise lines but always glad to be back on Royal C.

In your review, it sounded like you and your wife got on the ship with the intention of having a great cruise and managed to do so -- it was very refreshing since some people write about all the things they don't like. I am always happy to just be on a ship and having my meals ready, room cared for, etc. And it is so much fun meeting people from all over and keeping in touch with some after you get home.

Thanks for wonderful review and great photos.

Betty

Thank You. We will be sailing on the other sister ship "Jewel" next year. Southern again but different itenerary!

Archived