Serenade 10/10/10-Southern-Review with Pics!

bigque

My friends and I are thinking of taking this cruise next fall with our children for fall break. I am concerned, though, that there doesn't appear to be any children on this cruise from your photos. Were there?

There were some small kids, but not very many. The cruise began on October 10th, so it was doing a time when kids were in school, many who had just gone back to school in September. If you are looking for a time when there would be other kids for your kids to interact with, I would suggest a time when there are school breaks! There was plenty of kid venues on the ship. Happy Cruising!

Thank you for the awesome review and pics!!! My Hubby and I are debating on taking the same cruise or a Western on Allure. Do you have any pics of the inside of your stateroom? After being on Freedom we are afraid we will be disappointed in the room. (i.e. no flat screens, updated decor, etc) If you have any pics to show of the interior that would be great.

Thanks

Yes I have a couple and will post them.

Thanks for such a great review! My mom has been wanting to go on the Southern itinerary but have only looked at Adventure of the Seas. I had heard that all the announcements were in English and then Spanish and my mom didn't want to hear all that during the cruise. Is that true on the Serenade as well:confused:

Thanks for such a great review! My mom has been wanting to go on the Southern itinerary but have only looked at Adventure of the Seas. I had heard that all the announcements were in English and then Spanish and my mom didn't want to hear all that during the cruise. Is that true on the Serenade as well:confused:

Yes, as the cruise departs from San Juan, you do hear all the announcements in both English and Spanish.

Happy Cruising!

Thanks for the review! I've been wanting to do a Southern Caribbean route for a couple of years now. Sounds like you had a great trip.

Definately go for it it is a good route! Busy itenerary, but it was a lot of fun!

• 3 weeks later...
I just found this thread and very much enjoyed reading over your review and looking at your photos. We are cruising in July for our honeymoon on the Serenade and I really can't wait. I know we are going to have a blast!

Thanks! Caral2004 has a good one currently ongoing also. Another good one is the one by Faith413!

You will have a great honeymoon on the Serenade!

• 6 months later...

Thanks Mike for the excellent write up. Makes it easier to know what to expect and what to do on board. We are heading out on this same cruise at the end of July. It is our first cruise and going with 5 other people. We are very excited and your most awesome review made it even more exciting for us:)

Mike, just read your review again. Loved the ship and our B2B. Did see a picture of me at the M&M. Hope yall are doing great and hope to cruise with you again.!!

Hey! Hope All has been well with you! We have booked our next cruise on the Freedom of The Seas in 2012. It will be our first since The Serenade! Good to hear from you!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks Mike! My whole family (3 generations) is heading on the Serenade on Dec 24, 2011. Can't wait. My 3rd RC cruise, 4th cruise in total.

A Chrismas chose. You all are going to have a blast enjoy enjoy enjoy!

Thanks Mike! My whole family (3 generations) is heading on the Serenade on Dec 24, 2011. Can't wait. My 3rd RC cruise, 4th cruise in total.

I love reading others' reviews, and Mike's is great, it really helped us when we were planning our Serenade cruise a year ago.

I posted a review as well, if you are interested - it's linked in my signature!

This is my review of Southern Caribbean Cruise (San Juan, Barbados, Sea Day, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maartin, St. Croix) aboard the Serenade Of The Seas 10/10/10. I always wanted to do one of these…Feel free to ask questions as I go along. I hope you all enjoy!

I Arrived in San Juan at about 1:30pm the day before the cruise. After getting luggage went and got a taxi (There is an over abundance of taxi’s) to the hotel and arrived at the hotel at about 2:45pm. The taxi fair to the hotel Courtyard Marriot Miramar was $16.00. It took longer than usual to get to the hotel as the traffic was heavy due to recent heavy rains that had streets flooded, but our driver knew some great short cuts off the main roads to get us there quicker. The normal time with normal traffic would only be about 15 minutes.

The Courtyard Marriot Miramar (3 star) has a lot of mixed reviews, so I did not know what to really expect when I booked it. I booked it for the price ($129.00 with no resort fees). The hotel turned out to be great! Friendly staff, easy check in, very clean inside and out. Our room on the 11th floor had plenty of room, very clean and a very good view. It was located in the convention district and within a two blocks there were 3 restaurants, A Japanese Sushi Bar, a fast food taco place (Like Taco Bell), a Subway, a Supermarket, Domino’s Pizza, 2 Pharmacy’s and a U.S. Post Office. Contrary to reviews that I have read, the area was very safe day and night, and only saw one vagrant on the streets (I saw more in old San Juan than I saw here). The restaurant in the Hotel was expensive so we never ate in there. Went down the street and ate in one of the restaurants to eat authentic Puerto Rican food and it was very good and very reasonably priced. We also ate breakfast there the morning of the cruise (Ham & Cheese Omelet with toast and coffee for $4.50). Bought some snacks at the supermarket and the prices there were comparable with the prices in mainland United States Supermarkets. This hotel is not hotel to be at however, if you want to be at the beach (Not within close walking distance) or if you are looking for a lot of entertainment (None at the hotel or in the vicinity). I was mainly looking for a hotel to rest my head overnight without spending a lot of money, that was close to the pier and close to Old San Juan.

002.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

View From The Room

006.jpg

We stayed there last year & I agree it was fine for one night.

Archived