Follow the Allure's Crossing

DeBlasio1

Wiley, I'm so glad your cam is back up and running too. It was great watching both the Ft Lauderdale cams while Allure came into port. LOVED the sound on your cam and the frames weren't choppy, very smooth view.

INLETCAM.COM!

Port Everglades Webcam

Broadcasting the Allure of the Seas arrival LIVE!

http://www.inletcam.com/

I was watching inletcam and portfever at the same time and both worked fine for me.

Thank you to both Inletcam and Portfever for the terrific views!

Inletcam...loved the sound! Loved hearing all the ships horns blasting, especially the deep dignified sound of Allure as she made her entrance. It's the next best thing to being there. :)

Rich, wasn't that sure something to watch. Nice to start off a day like that. The sun was shining on them all. Kudos to Capt. Zini and his crew!

Donna,

wasn't it something both portfever and inletcam were brill, I think I enjoyed better than Oasis.....great pics also over on RCL facebook page...:)

Looking forward to the video update..

My DM & DD are on Oasis at the mo and this Sat Allure and Oasis will be together...Bow2Bow in Port Evaglades.....that will be special......:cool:

Donna,

wasn't it something both portfever and inletcam were brill, I think I enjoyed better than Oasis.....great pics also over on RCL facebook page...:)

Looking forward to the video update..

My DM & DD are on Oasis at the mo and this Sat Allure and Oasis will be together...Bow2Bow in Port Evaglades.....that will be special......:cool:

WOW...Rich...good for them! I love to see other people's faces when the see these ships. I was heading over to facebook soon.

I have been working on the Critter school supplies and it has been keeping me pretty busy.

It's been really exciting hasn't it all. I really enjoyed Capt. Zini, as I did Capt. Bill Wright. I told Capt. Liz I want to take Capt. Zini home as a souvenior...lol.

Enjoy the rest of your day, it sure won't be long now.

Oasis and Allure will not both fit at the pier together. Allure will sail out before Oasis arrives home. Though they may get them close together out at sea for some photos in the next week or so, they won't both port at everglades together.

Oasis and Allure will not both fit at the pier together. Allure will sail out before Oasis arrives home. Though they may get them close together out at sea for some photos in the next week or so, they won't both port at everglades together.

Trust me they will...............:D

Trust me they will...............:D

Ok. I guess I will just disregard everything that RCI has said. Igonore the fact that they have specifically stated they will not fit together and take your informed word as gold. LOL.

BTW here is an article and in it references their first meeting, AT SEA!!!!

http://www.eturbonews.com/19538/allure-seas-arrives-port-everglades-great-fanfare

They could both fit next to each other where they dock but. but the problem would be only one ship could be boarded at that time. meaning even though they can sit next to each other, thats all they can do.

Ok. I guess I will just disregard everything that RCI has said. Igonore the fact that they have specifically stated they will not fit together and take your informed word as gold. LOL.

BTW here is an article and in it references their first meeting, AT SEA!!!!

http://www.eturbonews.com/19538/allure-seas-arrives-port-everglades-great-fanfare

Odd. Allure left port to make room for Oasis. Amazing I know right???? The port is NOT set up to hold two Oasis class vessels regardless of what you may have heard.

Hello,

it was the Capt on Oasis who said Allure would come into Port if Oasis could not leave at 4.30, they were fearful of delayed flights that day...:p

If you also looked at the portcams you will see that Oasis was docked the opposite way round from the norm to facilitate this....so Allure could come in, photo shoot and leave to let Oasis out.......Allure like the previous poster said would not have docked......there is room for both ships in port.

In the end Plan A worked and great "historical" photos were taken :)....

I guess reading isnt one of your strong points. I live right by the port. Once again two oasis class ships can fit in the port. one just cant dock.

Odd. Allure left port to make room for Oasis. Amazing I know right???? The port is NOT set up to hold two Oasis class vessels regardless of what you may have heard.

I see reading is one of your strong points lol. you are exactly right. and very good observation on the ship being docked backwards .

Hello,

it was the Capt on Oasis who said Allure would come into Port if Oasis could not leave at 4.30, they were fearful of delayed flights that day...:p

If you also looked at the portcams you will see that Oasis was docked the opposite way round from the norm to facilitate this....so Allure could come in, photo shoot and leave to let Oasis out.......Allure like the previous poster said would not have docked......there is room for both ships in port.

Hello,

Why would anyone doubt Rich...don't they know RICH RULES!:D

• 2 months later...

I have noticed that the AIS positioning system for Allure of the Seas does not work or is turned off intentionally while the ship is underway, outside of Port Everglades. While in Port Everglades, the AIS shows her at her berth.

Anyone know why the AIS positioning doesn't register at sea?

Thank you

Archived