Jungle Queen Riverboat Ft Lauderdale - worth a ride?

Nylsor

We are staying in Ft Lauderdale for four days next February prior to our cruise. We have been researching things to do and see and came across the Jungle Queen riverboat. They advertise evening BBQ cruises and also daytime sightseeing cruises. Has anyone done one of these trips - would you recommend them?

We have done the Queen's dinner cruise 3-4 times... it is a good tour of the Fort Lauderdale canals and the homes/yachts along the way...good narration..

The bar-b-que is all you can eat...not 5 star but still very passable... with a corny stage show but still alot of fun ... ...

We have not done the daytime tour but I would guess it covers the same canals but without the bar-b-que.

If you take it, be prepared to yell "HELLO MISTER JOHNSON..." several times during the cruise...

with 4 days to "kill" in Fort Lauderdale, well worth it...

I have gone on the Jungle Queen right before Christmas ,an it was GREAT,if you ever get to go then it is very nice all the lights an decorations are very WOW....its a fun ride an the food was plentifull,an do remember say hello to Mr Johnson....lol

We've done the daytime sailing several times and enjoyed it every time. The boat does stop at their "private island" where you watch a gator show. That isn't my thing. I'd juts as soon leave the private island stop out of the tour. The rest of the sailing is very pleasant and interesting. You will pass some spectacular homes and yachts docked at homes.

I've never done a Christmas light sailing. I can imagine that is really awesome.

We are staying in Ft Lauderdale for four days next February prior to our cruise. We have been researching things to do and see and came across the Jungle Queen riverboat. They advertise evening BBQ cruises and also daytime sightseeing cruises. Has anyone done one of these trips - would you recommend them?

Not that I have anything against the Jungle Queen but I think the water taxi would give you the same thing for less money and you could eat at a good restaurant.

Also with four days in FTL, look on watertaxi.com and see if their trip to South Beach is operating when you are there. Will take you there for the day with the added plus of the boat ride along the coast.

We used the water taxi exclusively the last couple times visiting and enjoy the option of jumping on and off wherever. A great deal. Maybe save the Jungle Queen for one of your last days IF you still think you need the tour after using the taxis for a couple days.;) You'll see a lot on your own.

Also with four days in FTL, look on watertaxi.com and see if their trip to South Beach is operating when you are there. Will take you there for the day with the added plus of the boat ride along the coast.

This is an excellent suggestion. We go to South Beach by boat all the time and stay at the Miami Beach Marina which is in South Beach. It is just a stunning trip. And the beers and Monty's are ice cold and if crab claws are in season, watch out!!

We did the daytime tour a couple years ago and enjoyed it. I think we got a few dollars off with a coupon we printed off the internet or one of the booklets you pick up. I too could have done without the stop at the private island, just an attempt to part you from more of your money. My understanding is this is where the meal takes place if you do the dinner cruise.

I did the Jungle Queen day tour the one year in January and I, along with the other people I was with, greatly enjoyed it. It's amazing seeing how huge those yachts and houses are that you pass. The private island area is neat; I don't think the gator was there when we were but there were different monkeys and birds. Of course, they sell snacks and drinks (water, soda) there to make some more money. I don't remember what the prices were like though.

Thanks for all your very helpful replies - we think we will take the evening BBQ trip. We chose to fly in early (Thursday) before our cruise (Monday) as although we've visited the US before we haven't visited Ft Lauderdale. We will also use the water taxi which we have researched as there is a stop at the bottom of the street where we are staying. We are also spending two nights there before flying back to the UK. We are looking forward to our visit very much - the weather in the UK in February is absolutely dire - averages about 7C with little if any sunshine a day. Can't wait for Ft Lauderdale and the Caribbean! :):)

Archived