Formal Night on 10-day

Eleni2007

Hi all,We are sailing on Dec. 28th on the 10 night on Emerald. We will be in Aruba on Dec 31 until 8 pm. Does this mean it will not be a formal night for New Year's eve ??? Since, usually all formal nights are on sea days???Just curious....

Hi all,We are sailing on Dec. 28th on the 10 night on Emerald. We will be in Aruba on Dec 31 until 8 pm. Does this mean it will not be a formal night for New Year's eve ??? Since, usually all formal nights are on sea days???Just curious....

I'll defer to more experienced Princess cruisers, but in my experience, they absolutely do have formal nights on port days. For instance, I just did the NE/Canada cruise, and they only have one sea day, and it's the last day. Our 2 formal nights were port days. On other cruises, we also had formal nights on port days.

I can't speculate on what will be happening due to your late departure. I do know that the New Year's cruise we were on was initially smart casual until several passengers, including myself, asked the CD, "Isn't it going to be formal?", at which point the dress was changed from casual to formal, announced the day before.

We had a great time, with many parties going on, and formal really was formal that night.

So be ready for either.

Maybe part of your cruise will be observing fireworks shot off in Aruba as you sail away...

Archived