Just off the Pearl yesterday

divergirl63

We just got back from the Pearl. One BIG tip to first timers on NCL. The little sign by the door on the outside, when you arrive it says WELCOME. We later found out on our own that it is a spin wheel. You change it from the bottom to also read, DO NOT DISTURB, MAKE UP CABIN, TURN DOWN CABIN. We laughed at ourselves too. They failed to inform us of that. All in all, we loved the Pearl. A beautiful ship. The food in the specialties was awesome. Sign up for the Teppanyaki early (it fills up fast), it was fantastic. Cagney's was also very good. We also ate at Le Brito which I enjoyed as well. The Pearl singer and dancers, well lets say this, they need some new routines and practice. The other entertainers are top notch. Do not miss David Nastor, Frankie Vallie signers, Second City, or Sharkbait.

Excursions we did. Tour Samana with Terry #2, Air Force One #1, and NCL Tortola Charters with Bill Escape to Jost Van Dyke. All 3 were amazing. Any questions ask.

It was great meeting everyone here on CC. We had a great time with all. Hope to keep in touch.

I have to laugh about that wheel... on our last cruise on the Gem we had to be reminded several times by our cabin steward about changing the wheel so he would know what we wanted him to do!! he was wonder and polite and had a great deal of patience but it took us days to remember!

We just got back from the Pearl. One BIG tip to first timers on NCL. The little sign by the door on the outside, when you arrive it says WELCOME. We later found out on our own that it is a spin wheel. You change it from the bottom to also read, DO NOT DISTURB, MAKE UP CABIN, TURN DOWN CABIN. We laughed at ourselves too. They failed to inform us of that. All in all, we loved the Pearl. A beautiful ship. The food in the specialties was awesome. Sign up for the Teppanyaki early (it fills up fast), it was fantastic. Cagney's was also very good. We also ate at Le Brito which I enjoyed as well. The Pearl singer and dancers, well lets say this, they need some new routines and practice. The other entertainers are top notch. Do not miss David Nastor, Frankie Vallie signers, Second City, or Sharkbait.

Excursions we did. Tour Samana with Terry #2, Air Force One #1, and NCL Tortola Charters with Bill Escape to Jost Van Dyke. All 3 were amazing. Any questions ask.

It was great meeting everyone here on CC. We had a great time with all. Hope to keep in touch.

thanks for the tip, I didn't know that about the little sign thing.

Another first-timer tip......

Blue Lagoon wings are the best after midnight........right?

Well, TN #1 Gator fan, we both got sick that night assuming from the wings. They were good. We did have them early that day during the game and we were fine. Not sure if stomach issues were from them, but we were both ill. It was great meeting and hanging out with you both. :)

I am so glad you mentioned the little 'welcome' wheel before you enter the room because we thought we were the only cruisers that didn't know you turned to the 'do not disturb' sign, clean room etc.

So on the first cruise we closed the door and took a much needed nap and of course our room steward came in to clean the room. We laugh about it now with 6 cruises under our belts but then we were yelling out ' We are napping' and the poor guy was as surprised as we were.

Don't feel bad...we were on the Pearl on August and I couldn't figure out how those signs got changed either...OR how the shower worked...Of course my husband did..but he didn't share. We're going on the GEM in 2wks and this time I'm prepared !!

The Pearl was goregous...

I do wish those wheels were controlled from the inside of the cabin. We had some jokers constantly changing ours to do not disturb so our cabin wasn't getting made up. PS Our cabin steward was great and came and did it once she saw us going INTO the cabin.

Archived