Radiance 1/3/2011 - Looking for "Reassurance"

One of the reasons we picked the ROS cruise on 1/3/11 because it fit into our family's college break schedule and work schedules combined, but with final payment only a week away, I'm getting a bit freaked out about all the talk regarding brown water, sewage leakage, not so great food, etc.

I realize anything can happen on any cruise trip, but can someone offer me some reassurance that ROS is still "worth the trip" so to speak?

Many thanks!!!

We did a 14 day Panama Canal on the ROS in 2006, and absolutely loved it.... There were some toilet issues in a few of our groups cabins, and a few washrooms on the ship always seemed to be closed, but I would hope that they got that problem fixed by now. Other than that, everything was wonderful.

We just got back last week from the Radiance and we had a great time on the ship. I did post on the first day that the water was brown but it did clear up after that and I did not get sick from brushing my teeth in it :). Most of the crew were great and in fact we had two nights booked at the specialty restraunts but I was debating if we should go or not because we had a good waitstaff.

The food in the buffet is normal buffet food and I found that in the MDR the food was good even though I did hear several complaints about it First time we have had a regular balcony room and the shower in the bathroom was a nightmare. Very small shower and I was always getting the floor in the bathroom covered in water.

Great trip and I had no issues with the ship, staff or other passengers.

Do NOT listen to other's revues....it's true that the dining experience isn't what it was 5 years ago, but you will NOT go hungry...the food is quite edible and plentiful.

All ships experience that "sewer gas odor" at some time, in some place on every ship...I think it's a design flaw....but it will not ruin your good time. Should it happen in your cabin, keep your drains closed...that will help mitigate the smell. It's not a big deal.

The water is fine....it will never "run cold"...ever...that's why you have ice! Use the ice to chill your water!

Radiance is a fine ship...you'll have a blast! Stop looking for problems, and start looking forward to a bunch of really wonderful memories!

We just cruised this month on the Radiance, and we can't say enough about the ship and the staff.

For those concerned about the brown water. There was none amongst the large group that we sailed with.

We ate at Chops or the Windjammer in the evening.

We loved the buffet due to being able to choose several items of your choice, and having them cook it right in front of you. The sushi was excellent also.

You will not regret your choice, and you will love sailing on the Radiance of the Seas..

We wish you a Bon Voyage!

CC members are the best! Thank you for the prompt replies, as well as sharing your thoughts and good wishes!

We've sailed RCL on other ships and we've always had a fabulous time, but this is our first time on Radiance class. I'm sure this trip will be great as well!

Guess I'm just overdue for a vacation! :cool:

Just go and relax and have a great vacation. I too, have made myself crazy with some reviews...... if every review is awful, I pay attention, but if it is random here and there, I figure that maybe those people were either grumpy, or hard to please. I do not think that in all the years we have travelled, there was not one snafoo of some sort, usually minor, but to me, that is to be expected on a trip, and if you cannot roll, or let it slide, than you might as well stay at home.

To me, the worst day on vacation, is better than the best day at work........

Archived