dress code Poesia- Carribean

ardt64

I cannot recall from our cruise on the Orchestra how strict they are with the dress code.

Our friends that are joining us heard from somewhere

"that you are not allowed to wear jeans, shorts, or a bathing suit after 6pm and can't wear jeans, sweatpants or shorts to dinner even on the casual nights... Also heard you get turned away if you are not dressed up enough on the formal nights???"

I don't think this is true but please clarify for me.

Lisa

I cannot recall from our cruise on the Orchestra how strict they are with the dress code.

"that you are not allowed to wear jeans, shorts, or a bathing suit after 6pm and can't wear jeans, sweatpants or shorts to dinner even on the casual nights... Also heard you get turned away if you are not dressed up enough on the formal nights???"

Lisa

From what I saw on our sept. Transatlantic, you can wear just about anything you like. Even on formal night I saw men wearing shorts and men wearing those fake tuxedo T shirts ... No one got thrown out.

Andy

Lisa

I would be very surprised about the "turned away for not being dressed up enough"

We attended the formal nights and some were in tux (few) some were in suit and tie, most were shirt and dress pants. Dress, skirts, blouse...you get the picture.

A handful were under dresses, and they kinda stood out. T shirts with logos and jeans.

On casual nights (and informal nights for that matter) jeans are prefectly acceptable in the MDR. I've even seen some underdressers wear them during the gala evenings, getting a few turned up noses in the process. Trying to wear shorts, sweats or tank tops in the MDR will get you a polite request to return to your cabin and change.

We were on the Orchestra during a Carib. run. About 3 yrs ago. A young man came into the MDR at lunch time and was wearing a muscle shirt. He was told by the head waiter that he could stay this time but would not be allowed in the future.

Just thought I would pass this on.

We are sailing on the Poesia for 3 weeks beginning Dec.12 thru New years.

Anyone else????

:):)

Just booked Poesia yesterday and leaving on Monday. Will pack Sunday and need to know if I need to pack the suit for formal nights? I have become used to the dress shirt and slacks on CCL and others. I think we have a two top table, but still want to conform. Reading this thread really doesn't tell me, I seem to see various opinions. With travel restrictions as they are if I can get by with one bag then so much the better! A suit, shoes, etc. that's another bag. Opinion? Thanks.

BTW--I sure wouldn't wear shorts, etc anytime in MDR.

Trying to wear shorts' date=' sweats or tank tops in the MDR will get you a polite request to return to your cabin and change.[/quote']

I saw several men wearing shorts on gala nights happily dining away with no repercussions from staff ... Saw another guy that wore the same windcheater and cargo pants outfit to every gala night ...

Just booked Poesia yesterday and leaving on Monday. Will pack Sunday and need to know if I need to pack the suit for formal nights? I have become used to the dress shirt and slacks on CCL and others. I think we have a two top table, but still want to conform. Reading this thread really doesn't tell me, I seem to see various opinions. With travel restrictions as they are if I can get by with one bag then so much the better! A suit, shoes, etc. that's another bag. Opinion? Thanks.

BTW--I sure wouldn't wear shorts, etc anytime in MDR.

I have been on the Orchestra, and it was very similar to CCL, as far as dress code. Just be presentable....I am NOT bringing a suit/jacket on my Nov Poesia cruise....I'm sure you'll be fine with whatever you wear.

Archived