MARINER REVIEW-WESTERN (very long)

knutsonl: I have a reservation at Ron Jon Cape Caribe for Nov 5th and 6th and for a two bedroom condo it is $200.00 per night. (I had a reservation at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront for a one room suite with King bed and sofa bed for $249 per night! Cancelled that right away!)

Ron Jon Cape Caribe does not charge to park your vehicle overnight during your stay there. However, they do not have long-term parking. If you have a one-way rental car, you would turn in the rental car in the morning before you board the ship.

Kimberly

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04

Voyager of the Seas to Canada 9/5/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04

Knutsonl,

Adventure girl is correct, parking is free while you stay at Ron Jon. We got a rate of $185 for a 2 bedroom condo but we booked it way back in February and high season wasn't in effect when we were there June 5th.

Great review. Thanks. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Carvone - We are sailing the Mariner on 8/29. Come join us on the Roll Call Page.

Mariner of the Seas - August 29th 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;8;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

lrcruising, thanks for the wonderful review, sounds like you had a blast! icon_smile.gif

We're on the same cruise in August (yippee!) but on the port side of the ship. When you were docked at the islands, did your balcony face the ports or did the other side of the ship face them?

Thanks for the info!

Time 'til Mariner on 8/29/04 -- our first cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thank you for writing such a great review. I can't wait to see your pictures when you post them!

Lisa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Mariner of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas - Oct. 2003

Great review, great photos....where did you book the Sanara Catamaran Excursion? Snorkeling and the Falls sounds like a perfect day!

Tammy

Costa Atlantica 3-01

Explorer of the Seas 6-02

Majesty of the Seas 5-03

Mariner of the Seas in just...........

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;07;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

What a great review! I was on the ship in March and we enjoyed it so much that we are returning for the July 4th sailing. Our cruise director in March was Kirk Detweiler, and I have heard that he's on vacation now. Who was your Cruise Director and what did you think of him/her? Did they offer dining room meals via room service yet? Voyager did that in 2003, but on Mariner in March it was not an option. Just wondering if that changed. Last question... I promise -- was the ice show still "Circus Under the Big Top" and did they have the production show "Front Row" still?

waiting for... Serenade of the Seas - 11/04

waiting for... Mariner of the Seas - 7/04

Mariner of the Seas - 3/04

Voyager of the Seas - 3/03

Sea Princess - 5/02

Carnival Esctasy - 10/01

Nordic Empress - 9/00

Carnival Fascination - 11/97

Carnival Fantasy - 3/97

Originally posted by u256601:

What a great review! I was on the ship in March and we enjoyed it so much that we are returning for the July 4th sailing. Our cruise director in March was Kirk Detweiler, and I have heard that he's on vacation now. Who was your Cruise Director and what did you think of him/her? Did they offer dining room meals via room service yet? Voyager did that in 2003, but on Mariner in March it was not an option. Just wondering if that changed. Last question... I promise -- was the ice show still "Circus Under the Big Top" and did they have the production show "Front Row" still?

Becky is now the cruise director. She is a former dancer and is a bundle of enery. She's adorable and you will see her everywhere. You can get meals in room service. The ice show is still "Circus under the big top" but I don't believe Front Row was one of the production shows.

What a great review and wonderful pictures, thanks!!!!

Monarch of the Seas 09/92
Majesty of the Seas 11/93,11/95
Sovereign of the Seas 09/94
Grandeur of the Seas 11/99,11/00,06/01,02/02,05/04
Navigator of the Seas 12/02,11/04
Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03
Radiance of the Seas 11/03

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us all. They were fantastic! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Lisa

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until Mariner of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas - Oct. 2003

Question about Johnny Rockets. Are all menu items additional in Johnny Rockets or is anything included in the cruise price?

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;06;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400[/img]
Mariner of the Seas - 7-Day Western Caribbean 06/19/05

There is a $3.95 charge per person for all of the food (hamburgers, fries, onion rings, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, dessert) you want to order. Soda and shakes are extra. They are priced the same at the Johnny Rockets in the states.

lrcruising - Thanks very much for the port info, yes it does help. And your photos are wonderful! It looks like the four of you (especially the girls) had a great, carefree time. DH and I can't wait 'til it's our turn on Mariner! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Time 'til Mariner on 8/29/04 -- our first cruise!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Hi lrcruising,

Thank you for a great detail review on your cruise. It helps us a lot on our vacation planning. We are also from Houston, Texas and planning to go on the Mariner of the Seas on October 24, 2004. We are going to fly to Orlando couple of days before the cruise start. Rent a car from Orlando and drop it off near the port. We probably going to rent the car from Budget and it seems like you had good experience from them.

I’ve a couple of questions, and I hope you don’t mind if I asked.

About purchasing the Vodka on board the ship, you were mentioning that the Vodka cost $9.00 and they charge you $9.50 for consumption fee. Is that $9.50 fee is in addition to the vodka $9.00 which brings the total cost to $18.50?

Which side of the ship is your cabin located?

Thanks

Jack

Join our Mariner of the Seas 10/24/2004 roll calls
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44854[/url]

Archived