New VIP program???

BigDfromTN

Gift is now soda coupons, ya think this is a test to measure protest?

As a test to see just how little will satisfy the most... though I really hope it is more like an interim "gift", otherwise it is an insult.

Of course Carnival has never been known for informing people ahead of time when these little changes occur. Most of what I "discover" is right here on CC, as I can't trust what someone at Carnival tells me when I call... so I haven't wasted my time with that in years!

Tom

... If in the future we do find a fare cheaper on another line for when we want to take a cruise, we'll give them a try.

Be careful... if you are shopping for "cheap" - you may well get what you are looking for.

Not trying to be a smarta$$ - we sailed on one ship I don't (WON'T) list in our signature: Regal Empress. I am glad it was SOLD FOR SCRAP! The buffet on "Lido" consisted of lil' smokies with dipping sauce and cut veggies. The CHEAP was from stem to stern! :eek:

Tom

Be careful... if you are shopping for "cheap" - you may well get what you are looking for.

Not trying to be a smarta$$ - we sailed on one ship I don't (WON'T) list in our signature: Regal Empress. I am glad it was SOLD FOR SCRAP! The buffet on "Lido" consisted of lil' smokies with dipping sauce and cut veggies. The CHEAP was from stem to stern! :eek:

Tom

Nope, won't settle for cheap, but we try to be smart.

Just as an example, last year some friends were sailing Royal FOS. We sailed Carnival Conquest the same week and met them up with them on two of the islands we visited during the week. Difference in price for a balcony cabin between CCL and RC was $800.

Anyway, am being patient while waiting to see what changes are in store for the VIP program. Can't do anything about it anyway.

Anyway, am being patient while waiting to see what changes are in store for the VIP program. Can't do anything about it anyway.

I know what you mean - though Carnival must be aware that the longer they draw this out, the more likely that people will stray... and perhaps find that other lines (out from under the CCL umbrella) also have some good things going for them.

Speaking of the CCL UMBRELA -- I think that one of the SMARTEST things they could do would be to extend some type of bridge to the other lines within their corporation - to give their loyal guests some variety, and at the same time keep the $'s flowing to CCL! I believe that LHP has mentioned that idea more than once!!

Tom

I know what you mean - though Carnival must be aware that the longer they draw this out, the more likely that people will stray... and perhaps find that other lines (out from under the CCL umbrella) also have some good things going for them.

Speaking of the CCL UMBRELA -- I think that one of the SMARTEST things they could do would be to extend some type of bridge to the other lines within their corporation - to give their loyal guests some variety, and at the same time keep the $'s flowing to CCL! I believe that LHP has mentioned that idea more than once!!Tom

Yes, I have....more than once....

guess that goes to show you how little pull I have !! :D

Hi there Linda!

I was taking a peek at the April 2012 Spirit, and could not find it on Carnival.com... ??

Tom

The only thing I can think of is that it is sold out.

I would check with some TAs to see if they have any of their cabins left......

I know the balconies were snatched up really quickly....

I hope you can find one...we would LOVE for y'all to sail with us....

I want to steal Cheryl's red soles!!!

The only thing I can think of is that it is sold out.

I would check with some TAs to see if they have any of their cabins left......

I know the balconies were snatched up really quickly....

I hope you can find one...we would LOVE for y'all to sail with us....

I want to steal Cheryl's red soles!!!

LOL!!

A 15 night sailing like that one would be a good use of the 50% OBC Milestone perk... big time!

Tom

LOL!!

A 15 night sailing like that one would be a good use of the 50% OBC Milestone perk... big time!

Tom

That's the plan !!!! :D

David will have number 50 on our January 1st cruise....

DJ and I will probably have number 50 by April 2012.

(Of course, we would only use mine....if we reach it and save DJ's for when he is the 2nd person on a cruise!)

Won't it Tom, Carolyn"s 25th is our 12 day next April on the Spirit..Dennis

Congrats to Carolyn!!!

Cory (ACD from Memphis) will be home in January...we are all getting together for lunch .... I will let you know when to see if y'all might want to join us!!

Archived