Tulum Ruins Tour & Snorkeling???

diana lynn

SAILING ON THE NCL MAJESTY ON 3/19 TO WESTERN CARIBBEAN. WE'RE A GROUP OF 8. THE PROBLEM IS I WANT TO GO SNORKELING AND MY BROTHER WANTS TO SEE THE MAYAN RUINS OF TULUM (IN COZUMEL). NO TOUR PACKAGE FROM NCL ALLOWS US TO DO BOTH. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE FOUND A PACKAGE THAT ALLOWS SOME TIME FOR A TULUM TOUR -- SAY 3 HOURS AND A 1-2 HOUR SNORKELING TOUR? WE'RE ONLY AT PORT FROM 10 AM TO 6 PM.

THANKS, FELLOW CRUISERS! :confused:

I really wanted to see the Tulum ruins too, but I changed my mind when I realized that more than half the excursion would be spent traveling to and from the site. I don't want to spend my precious port time on a bus for hours and hours.

Because geography works against you in this case, I don't think you'll be able to find an excursion that'll satisfy both your desires. I suggest that you split up your group of eight for the day; let each group do what it really wants to do. You'll have plenty to talk about at dinner that night!

Thanks, MrsPete. You're probably right. The geography and terrain of Cozumel won't allow our party of 8 to do both. That's probably why NCL doesn't offer it. I think we will split up. While I'm dying to see the Tulum ruins, the tour provided by NCL is 8 hours - the exact length of time we are in port. I'd rather do snorkeling and another excursion that gives you a glimpse, albeit a small one, of a different ruin. At least I'll feel I accomplished something. I'll let you know how it all works out. 26 days to sailing. Can't wait!

Some of the ship's excursions include a stop at Xel-ha with the Tulum visit. This is a beautiful park with very clear water for snorkeling. Check to see if your ship offers this excursion and I think you'll have the best of both worlds.

Becki

Archived