Code Red or your Dead!!

Romco

We were originally booked on Solstice Oct 23rd, 2011 transatlantic. The cruise was cancelled and we were offered an opportunity to rebook on rescheduled TA that was one day less and one less port for same price but offered 100.00 OBC, but SAME price . This booking was prior to May 17th, which was under the old booking policy. They guaranteed that the price would not increase. (Really?:confused:)

I was just curious if anyone would be upset about this as we are. Any input?? I say just keep the booking, since it was under the prior May policy changes and see what shakes out, but DH is REALLY upset. He wants to cancel. Celebrity has always been really fair in the past, but this time I think thy are trying to make us cancel. What do you think? We have alot of fellow CC'ers sceduled on this TA, and I'm really sad..wow.:(

My first response would be total fury. But may I suggest you give it a day or two and readdress it w/ Celebrity and see what else can be done? An upgrade or something? Because $100 OBC is kind of paltry and I agree, normally Celebrity is pretty good at service recovery.

Have you checked our roll-call for this cruise (or what WAS our cruise)? Everyone is getting $200 OBC plus about a $200-300 price reduction.

Did Celebrity call you directly or did you book through an agent? Not sure why you wouldn't get the same deal as the rest of us???

Have you checked our roll-call for this cruise (or what WAS our cruise)? Everyone is getting $200 OBC plus about a $200-300 price reduction.

Did Celebrity call you directly or did you book through an agent? Not sure why you wouldn't get the same deal as the rest of us???

This offer was from Celebrity. Very curious, we we not offered the same deal. Now I'm really sad! We were booked on an A1 balcony. Maybe that has something to do with it?

We were originally booked on Solstice Oct 23rd, 2011 transatlantic. The cruise was cancelled and we were offered an opportunity to rebook on rescheduled TA that was one day less and one less port for same price but offered 100.00 OBC, but SAME price . This booking was prior to May 17th, which was under the old booking policy. They guaranteed that the price would not increase. (Really?:confused:)

I was just curious if anyone would be upset about this as we are. Any input?? I say just keep the booking, since it was under the prior May policy changes and see what shakes out, but DH is REALLY upset. He wants to cancel. Celebrity has always been really fair in the past, but this time I think thy are trying to make us cancel. What do you think? We have alot of fellow CC'ers sceduled on this TA, and I'm really sad..wow.:(

Sorry you're so upset Romco. This has been a bit frustrating for several people on the CC board. Another person posted in another thread that she was offered $200 OBC and her cabin was $660 less -- for an SV -- on the newly scheduled TA. So maybe they will sweeten the deal for you. We are kind of in the same boat -- booked Solstice for 11/6/11 Eastern Caribbean. Now we need to change that plan plus the Millenium cruise we booked right before that one! Two cabins each cruise. I haven't received a call from Celebrity yet. We can't go later in November or December so we decided to make lemonade out of lemons and we are going in a different direction -- we will take a Mediterranean cruise in October on one of the Solstice class ships.

I don't follow your comment about yours being a pre-May 17th booking. Will they grandfather in the pre-May 17th booking rights re price decreases?

Whatever you decide I hope you will end up on an enjoyable cruise!

Sorry you're so upset Romco. This has been a bit frustrating for several people on the CC board. Another person posted in another thread that she was offered $200 OBC and her cabin was $660 less -- for an SV -- on the newly scheduled TA. So maybe they will sweeten the deal for you. We are kind of in the same boat -- booked Solstice for 11/6/11 Eastern Caribbean. Now we need to change that plan plus the Millenium cruise we booked right before that one! Two cabins each cruise. I haven't received a call from Celebrity yet. We can't go later in November or December so we decided to make lemonade out of lemons and we are going in a different direction -- we will take a Mediterranean cruise in October on one of the Solstice class ships.

I don't follow your comment about yours being a pre-May 17th booking. Will they grandfather in the pre-May 17th booking rights re price decreases?

Whatever you decide I hope you will end up on an enjoyable cruise!

The pre-MAy 17th booking contract has to honor price reductions, that's why I don't want to cancel.

The pre-MAy 17th booking contract has to honor price reductions, that's why I don't want to cancel.

I was offered a very generous price reduction plus $100 p.p. OBC to rebook my Oct 23 Solstice TA to Nov 28. You should also have a price reduction. It doesn't matter what category you are in. I'm in a SV.

Also they the new documentation still shows that I booked this in March. So I am still under the old booking policy.

If you were contacted by phone from X, I would call back.

DH contacted Celebrity today. Apparently the rep that initially contacted DH must have had the wrong info. We were offered the same price reduction and 200 OBC, basically the same as everyone else on the delayed TA:).

DH said the Celebrity rep at the redeployment desk was very helpful and courteous (unlike the initial rep:rolleyes:).

Life is good once again!:D

Thanks for all the words of encouragement!

DH contacted Celebrity today. Apparently the rep that initially contacted DH must have had the wrong info. We were offered the same price reduction and 200 OBC, basically the same as everyone else on the delayed TA:).

DH said the Celebrity rep at the redeployment desk was very helpful and courteous (unlike the initial rep:rolleyes:).

Glad it worked out!

Yeah! Congrats! Did your DH just call their main number and ask for the "redeployment desk"? The reason I ask is because I've been waiting all day for "the call" -- had my phone with me every minute. Then this evening my *mother* called me and told me someone from Celebrity had called her about my cruise. She is my emergency contact person and they have her number as such. :rolleyes: C'mon Celebrity! 1. Call the right person and 2. know what you're talking about when you call so people don't have to call you twice to get the right story! These flubs are more annoying to me than my cruise being cancelled. Anyway, glad it worked out for you and life is good again!

Nevermind -- I got the redeployment desk number (my mom emailed it to me). Thanks.

Archived