A capella groups

warmwinds

I've read several reviews but no one seems to mention any a capella groups on board - on our only two Celebrity cruises (Mercury and Millie, 2 years apart) there was a different group on each - 4 guys who were FABULOUS (2 different groups - I think one was called Grand Slam and I can't remember the other one) - I was hoping this was a regular thing on Celebrity???

I capella, but I'd have to kill ya!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

I guess you mean you'd have to decapellatate me, huh? Speaking of which, not that I don't want an answer to my a capella question, but did anyone else see the link to Celebrity's Acupunture at Sea? Ew...BUT...I still want to know if anyone has had the a capella groups on board!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by warmwinds:

I guess you mean you'd have to decapellatate me, huh?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would really appreciate it if you didn't use such big words when you respond to me, thank you!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

OK, all un-seriousness aside--- The acapella group on the Summit was FANTASTIC!!!! I mean to tell you these guys were GREAT!!!!!

Love'd them!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

the acapella group on the connie in november and march was: 4:2:five

They were awesome and in my opinion the best entertainment aboard. They appeared nightly at8pm and about 10:30pm in strange places on the ship. 1 night it was in the rendezvous lounge and the next night in the Emporium, then they were in cova coffee lounge and michaels club.

I think they were leaving the ship in may but sure hope they are back in november!

*sweet*

sweetair2.gif

The acapella group on Summit March 26th sailing was Off The Top and they were wonderful. Last October it was the Coverdales, also excellent. We are not big on entertainment but the acapella groups are always one of our favourites.

Of the 4 cruises we have been on with Celebrity, 2 of them had A Capella Groups and 2 of them did not. I also really like when they are on the ship.

Seaward 11/97, Monarck of the Sea 11/98, Sea Princess 11/99, Century 12/00, Norway 2/02, Galaxy 7/02, Constellation 12/02, Summit 8/03, Norwegian Dawn 12/03, Voyager of the Seas 7/2/04.

The current group on Millie is called The Sea Tones. They are 4 extra talented young men who were fantastic. I did hear some upsetting news though. Celebrity is phasing out the acapella groups. As their contracts expire they will not be replaced. Is is to bad. You always knew that you were in for a good show with them.

I have wondered myself what ever happened to Gran Slam. We had heard them on 2 different ships, one was the Mercury. They were wonderful. We bought their CD. I hope we get to see them again sometime soon!!

Big Red Boat

Royal Majesty

Royal Majesty

Sensation

Sensation

Big Red Boat

Majesty

Ecstasy

Ecstasy

Century

Celebration

Horizon

Destiny

Mercury

Century

Voyager

Zenith

Mercury

Horizon

Galaxy

Summit

Horizon

Galaxy

Century

Mariner

We had one group on Summit last summer. They were good but they were not in the same class as the international barbershop medal winners.

Carnival Ecstasy, March 1993

Celebrity Millennium, Caribbean, Jan 2002

Coral Princess, Panama Canal Feb. 2, 2003 (Review)

Celebrity Summit, Alaska Land (Land Tour Review) & Sea (Cruise Review), Aug. 15,2003

Navigator of the Seas, Family Reunion, March 13, 2004

(Review)

Celebrity Infinity, Valparaiso(Santiago), Chile to Fort Lauderdale, via Panama Canal, Feb. 27, 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;27;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Why would they phase them out? From this thread alone it seems most people enjoyed them...and whenever they performed it was always packed! I know I wrote on my comment card how much we enjoyed them, I'll have to ask while I'm on board next week who to contact to voice support for them.

I hope they don't phase them out. On Constellation last summer they had "Lighthouse" and they were wonderful. They performed every day in various venues around ship. They always drew a big crowd.

Celebrity - please don't do away with a capella!!

We also had a fantastic group on the Summit. Host Anne somehow got them to perform for her cocktail party on her FV balcony right above us. Talk about great getting ready for dinner entertainment (we were invited, just weren't ready in time. icon_biggrin.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

Ahh, Brigette ~ that was one of our all-time favorite cruise experiences (if not our favorite). The group was called METRO; when the left Summit they went to work at Disneyland Tokyo. They are still there.

I'm not sure why Celeb would phase them out. If you enjoy the acapella groups, WRITE CELEBRITY and tell them to keep them!!!! I believe that our comments can make a difference.

Thanks, Brigette,for bringing back such a wonderful sailaway out of St. Thomas. It would be hard to duplicate!

~Host Anne

Archived