Booking Question?

Yes, you can. Just remember that when you book on ship they will give you a booking number. You need to keep the booking number when you change to the TA of your choice. If you don't keep the booking number you WILL lose the ship board credit. The RCCL agent stressed that several times to us when we were booking our cruise. You can change as many times as you want, even dates, as long as you keep the number.

God bless you and yours.

Driftwoodgal - I booked a cruise while on the Mariner last week to go again next year. I had used smartcruiser to book the one I was on, so had it transferred to them. Am I understanding correctly that I can now contact smartcruiser to get a better price and still keep the shipboard credit?

Also, can I do all this plus switch cabins if they're in the same category? I booked a corner aft and checked out the room as we were leaving. Didn't like the single door and small window so now want the room next door with the double slider. Thanks for your help! I'm learning so much from these boards and have become addicted!

Also, RC had to maneuver to get us the aft cabin for 2 as it holds 3 and wouldn't allow them to book it for 2. Should I first call them for the room I want, then once I get it call Smartcruiser for a better $? I'm not sure Smartcruiser will be able to get us this cabin. Again, thanks for the help and advice!

khank, once you have your booking number you can change ships, dates, itinerary, cabin and catagory. The only thing that can change is the amount of the shipboard credit if you rebook a shorter cruise.

If you transfered the booking number to smartcruiser, they should be the ones to call RCCL to change your cabin selection.

I usually book a couple of cruises while on board. I normally pick longer ones with more credit. Once home we decide what cruise(s) we really want to do, shop around for a good price and then transfer the booking number to that agency. I am sure others on this board will have corrections and things to add that I have forgotten.

Hope this helps..you did the right thing!

Sally

NCL Sky 9/00

RCCL 3/01,5/01,5/02,6/02, 9/02,10/02,4/03,8/03,11/03,

4/04,8/04 9/04 NCL 4/05 b2b

Schooner Bar rules!

I spend too much time here & don't retain it all, so, sorry but please explain the credit you get if you book while still on board. Are you speaking of the C&A coupons or is there another "on board credit" issued also? After reading the morbid stuff about morgues on board & being a Sr. Citizen, I question making a reservation a yr. or more away. Does the other partner get a full refund if one "passes on"? Not LOL!! icon_frown.gif

8/29 Mariner

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;29;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Sally - Thanks so very much for the help! I didn't realize before this thread that I could still get the onboard credit if I obtained a lower rate and switched rooms.

Winncove - The onboard credit I received when I booked the next cruise while onboard the Mariner last week will go against my Seapass account charges. They were giving $100 per cabin for 7 day cruises. This was our 1st RC cruise, so we don't have any C&A coupons yet, but were told when we get them we can apply them to this sailing also. I'm not sure how the C&A coupons work and if they apply for all sailings or only certain ones. Since we are cruising next summer again, I wonder if they'll be good for this timeframe?

I've another question related to booking on board... is there any way of doing it ahead of time? We're planning doing the Panama Canal after our Med cruise, but if the schedule comes out I'd like to book an aft which may not be available once on board. Is there a way of booking an aft, then booking on board and transferring cabins?

Some Ship, Some Itinerary, Somewhere in the Med.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2006;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas

11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas

Alaska - Dawn Princess

Coastal - Island Princess

I dont know about booking on board but when we book with a TA the last two have been cruisequick.com we have told them what room we wanted and if it is available they book it.

Larry

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Repositioning cruise thru the canal on RCCL Radiance 10/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2005;04;09;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Southern Caribbean on Celebrity Constellation 4/9/05

I had sent in a request for a quote from cruisequick yesterday and they replied that the room I wanted was not available and to advise them how I wanted to proceed. I then responded to their email explaining how I had booked on the ship and wanted to switch a room and reprice thru them. I sent that at 9:30 this morning and haven't heard from them yet. How quickly do they usually respond? I'm wondering if I should have send another quote request vs. replying to their message.

I've replied to a quote and they've responded. They could be taking a bit of time working with RCI Trying to get the reservation moved.

Some Ship, Some Itinerary, Somewhere in the Med.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2006;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas

11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas

Alaska - Dawn Princess

Coastal - Island Princess

Cruise Junky - Good thinking! I hadn't thought about the fact that it may take a while to switch my booking. Still haven't heard from cruisequick, but am hoping I'll get a quote soon.

Archived