Navigator Ice Skating!

If you are driving to the port I would ake his own skates, no question. Especially at that age, if he skates and enjoys it, Im sure he'd be more comfy wearing his skates. We're a family of 4, when we dont fly to a port we take our own- one large sports duffle with ice skates (and snorkel stuff).....

Im sorry I couldnt help with size on board.

There is a big advantage to taking your own skates. People who bring their own skates get a separate skating time from the open times. Usually there are only a few people who bring their own skates so your child will get 45 minutes of almost solo skating time. There is always a huge crowd for the open skating times, especially the days after the Ice Show.

I always bring my own skates just for that reason and that I am the only one that ever wears my skates.

There is a big advantage to taking your own skates. People who bring their own skates get a separate skating time from the open times. Usually there are only a few people who bring their own skates so your child will get 45 minutes of almost solo skating time. There is always a huge crowd for the open skating times, especially the days after the Ice Show.

I was wavering on bringing my kids skates (they're hard core figure skaters and skate 5 mornings a week) or just having them take a week off, but empty ice are our two favorite words!

I was wavering on bringing my kids skates (they're hard core figure skaters and skate 5 mornings a week) or just having them take a week off, but empty ice are our two favorite words!

If you already have skates and they skate that much, I would bring them for sure.

Just remember... if you're banking on that "EMPTY" ice... we've also been on cruises where the "advanced skate" was crowded! We've also had the Advanced skate cancelled... so unless you REALLY want to skate at 9am... it might not be worth it to lug the skates.

I have taken my skates 4 times and the most people for an advanced skate was 6. The minimum was me, with the average 2-3. I have had a skate session cancelled.

The general open skate times are a zoo and not really worth it. You spend most of your time avoiding others. I tend to leave once the general skates open up as you can get 30-50 people on the ice.

Archived