C&A Members Cruise. . . should we?

We are D+ and considering our first C&A members cruise. What's your experiences with one and are we crazy to consider it? This is for the Enchantment and it's a drive-to port for us and the price is right too.

Yay or Nay. . . would you do another members cruise or avoid one?

We are D+ and considering our first C&A members cruise. What's your experiences with one and are we crazy to consider it? This is for the Enchantment and it's a drive-to port for us and the price is right too.

Yay or Nay. . . would you do another members cruise or avoid one?

We did our first one last April on the Jewel. I didn't realize it was a members cruise when I booked fairly late. It was great! Lots of nice gifts just about every night. Special events were held. I would have no objections to doing another one. So it is a Yay for me.

We did our first one last April on the Jewel. I didn't realize it was a members cruise when I booked fairly late. It was great! Lots of nice gifts just about every night. Special events were held. I would have no objections to doing another one. So it is a Yay for me.

Thanks for your reply, I'm glad it worked out for you. . . anyone else? Tell me about your Members Cruise.

We just did a NE/Canada members cruise on the Jewel in October. We booked it because it was the one week that worked with our schedule, not because it was a members cruise. There were 1200 C&A members on the ship according to Clo, the cruise director. They had free beading classes, craft classes and dance lessons. We didn't do any of the classes because the registration process was nuts. There was an orientation meeting in the theatre at 3pm before sailaway that they did a lot of raffles. We had gifts in our cabin 3 days.

We would do a members cruise again if it was the week we were interested in but I wouldn't book a specific cruise just because it was a members cruise.

We've done 4 Member's cruises.

They are not what they used to be if you compare what we received in 2002 to what we received in 2009. Would we do another.........probably.......but just to be able to spend time with friends.

Just remember, it might be a Member's Cruise with special parties and classes and gifts............but you are just one C&A member among the many other C&A members on board.

We booked this cruise...In the past...(you know how things keep changing) diamonds got a free shore excursion...which they organized...usually it's very nice...Also classes, gifts in the cabin....door prizes..

I wouldn't want all my cruises to be member cruises because there are so many repeat cruisers and the diamond lounges are very crowded... But I wouldn't avoid a member's cruise. They are fun.

We booked this cruise...In the past...(you know how things keep changing) diamonds got a free shore excursion...which they organized...usually it's very nice...Also classes, gifts in the cabin....door prizes..

I wouldn't want all my cruises to be member cruises because there are so many repeat cruisers and the diamond lounges are very crowded... But I wouldn't avoid a member's cruise. They are fun.

They did get a free excursion in Halifax, a 7 1/2 hour tour that I heard was excellent. Since I am not diamond, I forgot about that one.:)

Good replies, thanks all. I figured all D/D+ venues would be mobbed. This one is a good price and since we just flew home today from our b2b on the Liberty, I'm really hankering for a drive-to port for a change.

I'm curious how they handle 1K D+ in the concierge lounge. :rolleyes:

Good replies, thanks all. I figured all D/D+ venues would be mobbed. This one is a good price and since we just flew home today from our b2b on the Liberty, I'm really hankering for a drive-to port for a change.

I'm curious how they handle 1K D+ in the concierge lounge. :rolleyes:

If they have many D+ on board they will allow you access to the CL during the day, but there will be an alternate venue in the evenings. It's happened on two of our Member's cruises both of which were on Radiance. They opened up the Viking Crown Lounge and it was so nice up there. And it was much more enjoyable.

If they have many D+ on board they will allow you access to the CL during the day, but there will be an alternate venue in the evenings. It's happened on two of our Member's cruises both of which were on Radiance. They opened up the Viking Crown Lounge and it was so nice up there. And it was much more enjoyable.

Just what I was hoping for! CL for daytime coffee, a panoramic venue for sailaway. We did end up booking it while we were still onboard with the possibility of cancelling it if we heard too many negative comments from my CC bffs. This one may be a keeper. Thanks. :)

Archived