Pugwash goes to France.

capnpugwash

I had Christopher for the Transatlantic and got good service. I'm sorry he didn't work out for you.

Roy

I can only assume its because of the '2 night spell' that we got that service. His manner and service was pretty poor, so even though I had considered tipping him all he did was change my mind - he didn't even say goodbye on the final morning breakfast when we said it to him! Like I say, it was our first QM2 experience and it wasn't the best - quite looking forwards to going on QV in a couple of weeks where I know some familiar faces :/

Chris

I can only assume its because of the '2 night spell' that we got that service. His manner and service was pretty poor, so even though I had considered tipping him all he did was change my mind - he didn't even say goodbye on the final morning breakfast when we said it to him! Like I say, it was our first QM2 experience and it wasn't the best - quite looking forwards to going on QV in a couple of weeks where I know some familiar faces :/

Chris

When you say you "considered tipping him" were you referring to extra tipping, or did you remove the auto tipping?? Just wondering . .

Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry that your first experience of QM2 wasn't all you had hoped for.

I note that most of your trips have been these short ones - we've done a few of these short trips over the years as well and the service is never as good as on a crossing or on a longer cruise.

People new to Cunard often take these short cruises to try out the ships and often get completely the wrong impression.

We once had terrible service on Queen Victoria, I'll never forget it.

Even on a crossing we have found the service in Britannia a bit spotty on the last morning and the wait staff are often quite surly.

You sort of feel 'well they've had your tips last night and they don't have to care any more'. Just my own personal impression.

With 40% of the staff from QV and 40% of the staff from QM2 gone over to QE I wouldn't bank on seeing many familiar faces.

Hi Robin,

Yeah, I took the QM2 trip with a pinch of salt as a 2 nighter is so short. My first cruise was 10 nights on QV and was fantastic - when I went on her two months ago for 5 nights it was just as good. I think anything under 5 nights and I wouldn't expect the best to be honest.

Next year I have a 10 night on QV, 1 x 7 night on QE and 2 x 5 nights on QE, booked currently - difficult for me to go on long cruises with me running my own business unfortunately! However later in the year I am planning on a B2B possibly.

I agree, the huge amount of staff moved must be hard to find some familar ones, although I know of a few who will be on QV in two weeks when I sail on her again :)

Cheers :)

Chris

Archived