FLL post trip excursion

ottmar

Our plane leaves from Ft.Lauderdale at 4:45 PM and we are contemplating to take that bus and riverboat, etc. excursion that will drop us at the airport after. I can't seem to get back to find where I read about it but I remember that those excursions can only be booked on the ship.

My questions are: there are no prices posted and I wonder how much it costs and do we get a special debarkation ticket to meet the bus.

....Ott

We've done this excursion with Princess called "Fort Lauderdale By Land & Sea". It lasted about 3 1/2 hours and was $49 pp. We left the ship with other people on this excursion, claimed our bags, dropped them at our bus, boarded the bus for a short tour of FLL & a museum stop, then dropped off at the Carrie B. Had time to walk around shops a half hour or so, then boarded the Carrie B. for a fun tour of the waterway. Afterwards went straight to our bus (where we'd left our luggage) and were dropped off with our luggage at the airport. We had to check our bags and go through security and get a meal at the airport. All-in-all an EASY and enjoyable way to spend our waiting time before our flight at about 3pm.

However, your flight is much later so you may want to consider one of the airline programs where you "check" your bags all the way to your home airport -- they're about $10 per bag. Then take a taxi to the Carrie B. location for some sightseeing/shopping and maybe lunch there instead of at the airport. Then take a taxi to FLL and go directly through security to your gate. There are a couple other excursion boats like the Carrie B too -- google FLL to see your options.

This option isn't as easy but certainly doable.

Our plane leaves from Ft.Lauderdale at 4:45 PM and we are contemplating to take that bus and riverboat, etc. excursion that will drop us at the airport after. I can't seem to get back to find where I read about it but I remember that those excursions can only be booked on the ship.

My questions are: there are no prices posted and I wonder how much it costs and do we get a special debarkation ticket to meet the bus.

....Ott

I would rent a car, head to Aruba's for a long leisurely brunch then head to Las Olas to people watch and shop.

Archived