My review of the Carnival Freedom Oct. 31, 2010

disneyden

I know, I think it's cool that even the tender boats are there.

Now....Your picture of the Tortuga Rum Co. building, is different than where we went? Looks like a nice one!

I don't know. Our guide might have just taken us to a Tortuga Rum Cake store. It wasn't included in our excursion. Whatever it was, it had free rum and free cake samples, so I was happy! ;)

Next on the excursion was Stingray City. I wasn't sure about this since I am a sissy and I am usually too scared to try anything out of the ordinary, but this was the highlight of our trip! Before we left for our cruise, I had mentioned it to my DH. He asked some people about it and they said that it was an awesome experience and we HAD to go see for ourselves. They said that we would not regret it...THEY WERE SO RIGHT! Don't get me wrong, I was SO scared when we first got in the water! I was scared, excited, and amazed all at the same time! Stingrays were everywhere! My DH even fed them...I was too scared to, of course! (chicken!)

748.jpg

This little guy kept hanging around us!

826.jpg

What a great review so far! We were just on the Liberty, and did the stingray sandbar excursion. Did you go with the Peter Pan ship? They were really great..especially "Morgan Freeman"! At least you got in the water with the stingrays, I stayed on the boat and took pics...the water was much rougher last week :)

Great Report, love the pictures !

When I saw the picture of the tree in Key West, I thought "Hey that looks like the tree from Mike and Tracy's report" Ha ha, and it was !!!

My one regret of Key West years ago, was not getting a key lime pie there. One of these days I will get back, and have a big piece. And, now they even have them on a stick ! Wow !

Can't wait for the rest of the report !

What a great review so far! We were just on the Liberty, and did the stingray sandbar excursion. Did you go with the Peter Pan ship? They were really great..especially "Morgan Freeman"! At least you got in the water with the stingrays, I stayed on the boat and took pics...the water was much rougher last week :)

Thanks! No, we didn't go on the Peter Pan ship. LOL!

Great Report, love the pictures !

When I saw the picture of the tree in Key West, I thought "Hey that looks like the tree from Mike and Tracy's report" Ha ha, and it was !!!

My one regret of Key West years ago, was not getting a key lime pie there. One of these days I will get back, and have a big piece. And, now they even have them on a stick ! Wow !

Can't wait for the rest of the report !

LOL! As soon as I saw that tree on their review, I knew that I had to find it and take a pic of it just like they did!

Great review & pics. We will be on the Freedom in January. I have to agree with you, the Dirty Banana is my favorite drink while cruising. Introduced to it on our Miracle cruise a few years ago & fell in love.

Thank you. Have fun on your cruise...I'm jealous! I'm ready to sail on her again already! :)

Loving your review!!! I knew you would LOVE the Freedom!!:D Can't wait to read more and please include as many pics as you want!

CUTED126!!! Your review got me SO excited about my trip! I loved it! I'm so glad you're reading mine!! You and your DH were so precious in your pics! :)

And here is the Valor in GC (another Conquest-class ship), just taken from a different angle:

Cool pic, nytraveller53!

I thought I couldn't get more excited for the Freedom in January. I was wrong. LOL Great review. I'm soaking it up.

Thanks!! ;)

We Alabamians just addict to cruise or what? In our last cruise (this March), 4 couples participated a game show. 2 couples were from Alabama. We jumped in a random van with 2 other families for an excursion. A family was on another cruise ship. And they were from Birmingham. :cool:

Archived