Carnival Conquest - Need Balcony Room Recommendations

hiccup78

I stayed in 8264 - loved the cabin, and stateroom staff. They were the best ever. The location was perfect......right outside the stairs & elevators - one flight up to lido. That being said, the downside was it was also very close to the Atrium, and sometimes the sound from the atrium travelled up......ie: band music, cheering during some of the games going on. It wasn't obnoxious noise, but I did notice it more than once. Maybe It was because more passengers were tucked inside due to the weather and missin 2 ports.

We have been in 1050 & 1061 on the Conquest. Love the Panorama deck. Very few cabins so not much traffic, just steps away from the Lido deck also close to the elevators but never heard any noise from them.

Recently booked our 4th cruise on the Conquest. :)

We were in 6283 on the Conquest. Love the view from the deck, no obstructions at all and it was about a quarter of the way back from the front of the ship. Close to the elevators but never heard any noise from them. We could slip out the door and take the elevator to the main deck and have a Cold Drink within a matter of a couple minutes. Next year when we go again we are going to try to get the same cabin.

Thanks all for the tips / advice / suggestions!

I booked this evening and we will be on the Panorama deck down a ways from the elevators / doors to the outside deck. When I mentioned 1066/1067 to our PVP, he recommended not staying there as it will be more noisy with people coming in from the Lido deck to the elevators, noise from the Lido deck and etc. He suggested further down the hall for a bit more quiet. I followed his advice.

We stayed on the Panorama deck on our first cruise back in 2003 on the Victory and loved it! I suspect this cruise will be no different. :)

Thanks all for the tips / advice / suggestions!

I booked this evening and we will be on the Panorama deck down a ways from the elevators / doors to the outside deck. When I mentioned 1066/1067 to our PVP, he recommended not staying there as it will be more noisy with people coming in from the Lido deck to the elevators, noise from the Lido deck and etc. He suggested further down the hall for a bit more quiet. I followed his advice.

We stayed on the Panorama deck on our first cruise back in 2003 on the Victory and loved it! I suspect this cruise will be no different. :)

Sounds great!!! Enjoy!

OK, question.... I am asking about Freedom, but since it is a sister to the Conquest I thought that I would jump in here too! :)

We are currently booked in 8212, with my parents booked in the connecting 8216. We have two small children in our cabin, we are going to share childwatching duties throughout the trip when they are not in camp. We picked these since they were the only two connecting quad/double cabins remaining on Freedom. I realize that these cabins are forward, but is there anything else that should concern me about location?

I think we will be OK since we have cabins both above and below us. Can anyone tell me if the section of the bridge that sticks out obstruct the view in any way? Thanks!

Just had 6364 2 weeks ago, nice midship balcony not too far from elevators, had no noise at all and was on the right side to see things going into ports. No complaints, would book this room again. Heard no music, vibrations, elevators, nothing! You're going to have a great time.

Wow, thanks for the quick replies!

Meyer2 - For the aft wrap (I don't think any are avail anyway), are those like having a balcony AND the aft? Is any portion of it covered from above or is the whole thing open on top?

Firefly - I'll see if I can find the post here again. Someone posted that on the Conquest, the Deck 10 balconies were originally port hole rooms with more room inside, but then were converted to have the sliding doors. They said the balcony only had around 3" of clearance between the front of the chair and the rail so in order to sit out there, the chairs had to face to the side.

As for the price, right now they are offering free upgrade to the best available in the category...pay for a balcony, get the best available (with the exception being the premium balconies).

Host Mach - I was thinking about possibly Lido in one of the 8E rooms or possibly Panorama in the 8F, but I want to confirm that the Panorama Deck balconies aren't smaller.

We just booked a Lido deck balcony on the May 8, 2011 Conquest today. This is the 3rd time booking a Lido balcony. If we don't book a Lido balcony we prefer a blacony on deck 7 midship.

We are currently booked in 8212, with my parents booked in the connecting 8216. We have two small children in our cabin, we are going to share childwatching duties throughout the trip when they are not in camp. We picked these since they were the only two connecting quad/double cabins remaining on Freedom. I realize that these cabins are forward, but is there anything else that should concern me about location?

I!

My concern is-- i do not see these two cabins as connecting cabins. They ARE side by side but there will not be a door between the cabins.

On the deck plans you want to look for cabins with the arrows between the numbers- these are true connecting cabins.

hmmm, went back to check deck plans and do not see any balcony connecting-- do i have abad deck plan?

It appears that these are indeed connecting cabins on Freedom, but not on Conquest. Had me worried there for a second! I just checked on Carnival.com, and it does have the little triangle between the rooms. It was also confirmed with Carnival that these connect.

I guess that is what I get for jumping in on a thread about Conquest. Carry on! :o

We had the L shaped balcony in Aug ont the Conquest. There is no couch which was fine with me. I did enjoy having the larger balcony as we had more room. I enjoy watching the sunset and sunrise. The sunrise with room service was great! We also didnt notice as much movement as I thought we would being at the rear of the ship. To me 6481 was a great room!

• 8 months later...
I'm going to be in room 8216, which I think is an 8C & one floor below the Lido deck. Is there going to be something unexpected like a smaller balcony or an obstructed view?

That's the Verandah deck. I think you're gonna like that area. You're on the other side of the ship from me.

We are leaning toward the 1066/1067 rooms. I have found a few posts of people that loved the location of the rooms since the elevators were right there, the lido deck is literally a few seconds away and etc.

I tried to call our PVP, but he was away from his desk / or on the phone.

I have stayed in both of those rooms. Wouldn't stay on any other deck than the Panorama Deck!!!! :D

After reading these posts, am I understanding that all the aft cabins can be viewed from the respective deck above it? Is there no overhand for shade? Is this true for the corner "premium" cabins as well?

Lido deck is the way to go!! So convenient...

We had balcony 9275 AND 77 with adjoining balconys and the steward opened the seperator on the balcony so we could be with our daughters..

Be aware though that those two rooms, especially 75 had a constant drip of condensation from the air conditioners just above us...We had to move our chairs so it wouldnt drip on us while out there...

If you notice the outside of the ship just above Lido, a portion of the ship is red....that equals condensation...

Still loved the room though

Can 8433 on the Triumph be viewed from above?

clcik on the photo to expand:

2502960190098669841uADPFY_th.jpg

the person on the lido deck above will have to press themselves into the window to look down on you

2542447320001250093oSrGAt_th.jpg

even the deck above the lido deck-- there is a white capped thingee= they will be able to see you if you are standing at the rail

the people next to you: the dividers aare at an angle

2682354400098669841NkWtpP_th.jpg

also be aware that there are security cameras in every direction

After reading these posts, am I understanding that all the aft cabins can be viewed from the respective deck above it? Is there no overhand for shade? Is this true for the corner "premium" cabins as well?

there is no overhead-- there is no shade. People can nlot look down on your unless you are standing at the railing.

Aft balconies tend to stay warm- there is no ocean breezes.

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking at Ocean Suites on Deck 6, possibly 6157 and 6163, just wondering if this row of ocean suites on this deck, are the balconies fully covered or not? Does anyone know? I am specifically looking at The Carnival Spirit. Thanks

Edited by fun cruiserz