Wondering if anyone has any information for me?

Well hello there, we are sailing on the Liberty of the seas on Boxing Day and we cannot wait, just have a few questions:

We booked flights,pre hotel etc with R.C just wondering when we arrive at miami (we are from the UK) do we collect our luggage or does RC collect them for us?

As we are from the UK we were a little unsure about what the weather will be like at this time of year? Do we bring swim suits etc and what does everyone wear to embark the ship?

Does anyone know what days the formal evenings will be as I would like to book portifinos for one night other than the formal nights?

And what normally happens New Years Eve on the ship? Do people eat at normal times and then go for a party type thing after or do they do a dinner and dance thing?

Finally we arrive in Miami on Christmas Day and would like something nice to eat (DH is really not keen on junk food), does anyone know of anywhere that would be open on that day.......think we are staying in an airport hotel so finding a taxi/cab may be hard too?

Thanking you in advance, I have many more questions, may post them up later. If you have been on this cruise before please do tell me about it....as it helps to make me even more excited than I already am. I've been looking at people's cruise pics on here for the past two weeks. Is that really strange? xxxxx:D (forgot to say it is the 7 day Easten Caribbean cruise from Miami)xx

You will have to collect your bags before handing them over to RCI's shuttle.

Miami weather will generally be quite warm...unless there's a far-reaching cold front like we had last winter...just check the forecast a day before you leave...if you check too far out, it will NOT be accurate! If it's warm, shorts are fine to board the ship!!!

Your 1st formal night will be night 2...it always is. The last should be night 5 or 6.

The dining times will be the same on NYE...if you want to party, there will be plenty of places to do so!

Finding a cab in Miami is NOT hard...they are everywhere! Your hotel can summon one for you. I'm sorry I can't help with the restaurants on Christmas Day! Hotel dining rooms will be functioning....

I don't know if this restaurant will be open or not, but if you feel adventurous, this is definitely a great place to try out La Rosa's. http://www.larosamiami.com/page2.html , its not far from the airport.

We ate there a couple of years ago and I wish I had an excuse to go back to miami and eat there again. It was great. Everyone was so friendly and the food was fab! Staff was very helpful in suggestion and let us sample a couple of things.

As we are from the UK we were a little unsure about what the weather will be like at this time of year? Do we bring swim suits etc and what does everyone wear to embark the ship?

And what normally happens New Years Eve on the ship? Do people eat at normal times and then go for a party type thing after or do they do a dinner and dance thing?

Could be quite cool or warm in Maimi check before you leave here : http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Miami+FL+33125 you will have to convert F to C. it should be nice & warm in the Caribbean South of Cuba/

Usually there is a large deck party complete with a Champagne toast & serious horn blowing from the Bridge, however every ship is different

Hi there Little Miss CB

Our family (also from the UK) will be getting off the Liberty as you get on - we promise to leave it in good order for you.!!!

Is this your first cruise ?

You will adore the Liberty - we did the Christmas cruise last year and we had to repeat the experience it was so good.

It was unseasonally cool last year - but once we sailed south it was definite shorts and t shirt weather - with plenty of swimming in the Caribbean.

I see you are doing Eastern Caribbean - have you booked any excursions yet? Any questions - I will do my best to answer - I can't help on formal evenings unfortunately because my husband refuses to dress formally on holiday so we usually eat in the buffet on formal evenings.

Have you started packing yet ??? LOL

Helen

Archived