Putting booking number into My NCL

steve4031

I just received the booking number from the TA a few minutes ago. My assumption is that I can put this number into the My reservation's section, and then be able monitor my cruise information. I tried this a moment ago, and NCL could not retrieve the reservation. Does this mean I should be patient and wait a while and try again, or is there something else going on?

Thank you.

I just received the booking number from the TA a few minutes ago. My assumption is that I can put this number into the My reservation's section, and then be able monitor my cruise information. I tried this a moment ago, and NCL could not retrieve the reservation. Does this mean I should be patient and wait a while and try again, or is there something else going on?

Thank you.

Took about an hour for the cruises to show up earlier today after booking...:)

Mine never did. I now have two log ins and my dh does as well. I guess I'll have to call and have them put the new cruise under my older log ins so I get the lattitudes number added to my reservation. I don't want them to think this is my first NCL cruise and miss out on the Lattitudes party invite.

if you had your MyNCL login account prior to getting a booking number, you'll have to create a new account. i could never get my reservation to show up until NCL explained that you get a new number once you book a cruise, regardless of if you already have a MyNCL number.

cruisin...hope you can get them to transfer the booking to your old account number.

if you had your MyNCL login account prior to getting a booking number, you'll have to create a new account. i could never get my reservation to show up until NCL explained that you get a new number once you book a cruise, regardless of if you already have a MyNCL number.

cruisin...hope you can get them to transfer the booking to your old account number.

Is this new????

I've used the same MyNCL login account since the website began and have booked numerous cruises each year using several different tas. As long as I give them my latitude number the reservation has always showed up almost immediately on My NCL page....except today when it took about an hour to show up.

That's not true. As long as your booking has your correct Latitudes membership number, the number that is associated with your My NCL account, the booking should automatically come up when you log in. My most recent booking somehow got made without my Latitudes number so it intitially didn't show up in MY NCL. As soon as the travel agent corrected the booking to include our numbers, it was in my account.

Once in a while something else gets screwed up in the record and a call to NCL tech support usually gets it cleared up quickly.

Is this new????

I've used the same MyNCL login account since the website began and have booked numerous cruises each year using several different tas. As long as I give them my latitude number the reservation has always showed up almost immediately on My NCL page....except today when it took about an hour to show up.

No... it appears the poster has been misinformed by the person they spoke to at NCL. (So what else is new :rolleyes:)

My experience is the same as yours...as long as the booking has the correct Latitudes numbers, it shows up automatically in your My NCL account.

No... it appears the poster has been misinformed by the person they spoke to at NCL. (So what else is new :rolleyes:)

My experience is the same as yours...as long as the booking has the correct Latitudes numbers, it shows up automatically in your My NCL account.

Thanks Paul, I was sitting here trying to figure out why they might have changed things to make it more confusing than it has to be. :D

Would this cause my reservation to show up?

This is my first cruise on NCL, so I never thought to do that.

I don't know what you mean. In your first post you said the TA gave you your reservation number. What number fom the NCL web site to give to your TA are you referring to?

Huh? I have only ever had ONE login. Any time a new cruise is booked I see it. Maybe it does not show up immediately but why would one need a new login?

Is it possible that you simply mean a new reservation number?

I don't know what you mean. In your first post you said the TA gave you your reservation number. What number fom the NCL web site to give to your TA are you referring to?

It is the member number underneath my name in the my profile section.

It is the member number underneath my name in the my profile section.

I think I understand the problem now. You registered on the NCL website before making your first reservation right? I believe that by registering there before the reservation it automatically assigned you a latitude number. Since you didn't give that number to the TA your reservation is linked to a new latitude number that was created when your TA made the reservation.

The easiest thing to do is to go to the NCL website and re-register (create a new login and password), confirming that you already have a reservation and enter the reservation number that your TA gave you. Once you log in to the site your new reservation should be there........:)

Good luck, and let me know if it works....

Margaret

PS..........This should work, write down your new latitude number and make sure to always use that same number for any future cruises so you will get credited towards your latitude level.

I tried 3 different numbers on the email from the TA, and no luck. I must be missing something. Or the TA is messing up. Now she did do an excellent job on my last cruise, and was very reliable for 2 cruises booked for a friend that I referred to her. So I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

I am going to email her tomorrow and ask what is going on.

I appreciate your help, and I am going to sign off for tonight. I will provide an update once I find out what is going on.

That's not true. As long as your booking has your correct Latitudes membership number, the number that is associated with your My NCL account, the booking should automatically come up when you log in. My most recent booking somehow got made without my Latitudes number so it intitially didn't show up in MY NCL. As soon as the travel agent corrected the booking to include our numbers, it was in my account.

Once in a while something else gets screwed up in the record and a call to NCL tech support usually gets it cleared up quickly.

Perhaps it had to do with your Latitudes number. This was my first NCL cruise so they had nothing to go on. And it IS true cause it happened to me. I had a MyNCL account #. Then when i booked a cruise, i got a booking #. Then i was instructed by NCL to create a new MyNCL account and input my booking # when prompted. If someone is having the same issue, this is a possible reason.

I think I understand the problem now. You registered on the NCL website before making your first reservation right? I believe that by registering there before the reservation it automatically assigned you a latitude number. Since you didn't give that number to the TA your reservation is linked to a new latitude number that was created when your TA made the reservation.

The easiest thing to do is to go to the NCL website and re-register (create a new login and password), confirming that you already have a reservation and enter the reservation number that your TA gave you. Once you log in to the site your new reservation should be there........:)

Margaret

That's exactly what i was talking about but apparently I don't know what i'm saying *eyeroll*

Does anyone know how to find their lattitudes number on the ncl website? I thought there used to be a "lookup my lattitudes number" but I can't see it anymore. On my original myncl acct. I have a lattitudes number rather than a member number but my dh's acct just has member number and I know his lattitudes number is not that because our lattitudes numbers were just a few numbers off from each other. I'm not sure this explanation is very clear....

I found the easiest way to clear any misunderstanding up is to call NCL. I booked our 1st cruise with NCL and this cruise with a TA. They will, as I posted earlier, merge all prior and upcoming cruises together. I had no problem whatso ever with them.

Margaret

PS..........This should work, write down your new latitude number and make sure to always use that same number for any future cruises so you will get credited towards your latitude level.

I tried every combination of numbers on my email last night to no avail. Called NCL and they clued me in as to the correct booking number. And it worked. Thank you for your assistance.

Archived