Transportation from Port to Miami airport

bxh165

Hi fellow cruise critic members, we are cruising on the Carnival Freedom May 7. I was wondering if someone can offer up advice about getting to Miami airport from cruise port in Fort Lauderdale, Our flight is at 11:45. Any suggestions:)

We used the ship's transfers when we were on Celebrity in September. I suspect Carnival has a similar service. We paid $27 per person for their bus. A taxi would have been over $70. The trip was about 30-40 minutes.

You may want to either call Carnival to confirm that they offer a transfer (purchase on the ship), or go to the Carnival board for help from the regular Carnival passengers.

1. Good luck ... IMHO your time is short

2. Jump into a cab & have $100 handy or

3. Pre book a limo

and either way hope there are no delays with your luggage

many times the cost savings of going to FTL vs MIA are consumed by the cost of getting from one to the other

Hi Capt BJ...mind wasn`t a cost savings factor, I use aeroplan and that was the only available flight to fly out for that day. Well I guess it was a cost savings $300 verses 1300. We booked from the cruise transfers. Thanks for your help and hopefully we don`t hit any traffic jams and we get our l uggage quickly. If not we m iss our flight and have to wait for the next available, not a big deal.

Hi Capt BJ...mind wasn`t a cost savings factor, I use aeroplan and that was the only available flight to fly out for that day. Well I guess it was a cost savings $300 verses 1300. We booked from the cruise transfers. Thanks for your help and hopefully we don`t hit any traffic jams and we get our l uggage quickly. If not we m iss our flight and have to wait for the next available, not a big deal.

Just be sure to be one of the first off the ship. If you find that your luggage tags are for one of the later departure times, go to Guest Services and swap them out. (That's the procedure on Celebrity & Royal Caribbean and I'd bet Carnival is the same.) Our flight left at 1:50 pm and we were at MIA by 10 am.

Fingers crossed that you do make it. Flights are flying fuller these days!

Archived