QM2 debarkation in Red Hook

Essiesmom

We are on the Caribbean Delights cruise Dec. 8 and have a car service picking us up after the cruise. What would be a good time to have them meet us? Is 10am too early? 11am too late? thanks, EM

I think 11am would be better, as there are sometimes queues waiting to go through Immigration. The pick up zone has 3 numbered posts so I suggest that you request the driver to meet you at post 1, 2 or 3. They are all adjacent to each other but it gives him something to look for in the sea of people.

As QM2 debarks deck by deck, high decks first, you won't be getting off until about 10.30 anyway if you are on a low deck - unless you choose self debarkation with you pulling all your own luggage off, or otherwise sweetalk the folk at reception.

For anyone else who may be interested the empty cabs turning up at RedHook are usually scarce earlier particularly if its raining as they are busy in Manhattan, but of course around 11am many cabs show up as they are delivering new passengers and are very pleased to get a fare.

We were there last week and the fare on the meter from RedHook to JFK was $56. The car service at Redhook charge $70 plus taxes for the same journey,they are lined up waiting for your business, don't know what the taxes amount to.

based on cruise critic recommendations we used

http://www.arecibocc.com/

and found them to be quite reasonable, competitively priced. we called them from the ship at 6 am for a 10:15 pickup (their web site never generated a confirmation number, so i'd be wary of booking that way). we ended up disembarking and "immigrating" earlier than expected so we called them and they came earlier, maybe ten minutes from our call.

enjoy enjoy!

As QM2 debarks deck by deck, high decks first, you won't be getting off until about 10.30 anyway if you are on a low deck - unless you choose self debarkation with you pulling all your own luggage off, or otherwise sweetalk the folk at reception.

For anyone else who may be interested the empty cabs turning up at RedHook are usually scarce earlier particularly if its raining as they are busy in Manhattan, but of course around 11am many cabs show up as they are delivering new passengers and are very pleased to get a fare.

We were there last week and the fare on the meter from RedHook to JFK was $56. The car service at Redhook charge $70 plus taxes for the same journey,they are lined up waiting for your business, don't know what the taxes amount to.

Thank you. I was concerned that if they were picking us up at 11am, we would be stuck standing outside in Dec. weather...My sister lives the west side of Allentown, PA and is having a car service bring us to the ship, and take us home. She doesn't want to drive to Brooklyn, and neither do I. It's a bit pricey, but she can handle it. After all, I am paying for the cruise...EM

Archived