Does Nassau have a gayer than the rest area/beach?

SakeDad

Going to Nassua in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there is a beach that tends to be more "gay friendly" than the rest? Not interested in Atlantis as I live in Vegas and we have those everywhere. Really just want to hang out, enjoy the scenery, have a few cocktails and experience some great seafood. I'm already on the Ports-of-Call forum but wanted to know if there is anything particularly gay friendly there. THANKS:D

Going to Nassua in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there is a beach that tends to be more "gay friendly" than the rest? Not interested in Atlantis as I live in Vegas and we have those everywhere. Really just want to hang out, enjoy the scenery, have a few cocktails and experience some great seafood. I'm already on the Ports-of-Call forum but wanted to know if there is anything particularly gay friendly there. THANKS:D

Nassua is not very gay friendly and I have never seen any gay or gay friendly beaches, sorry.

Nassau is not a Gay friendly island(to say the least)....most times I avoid it & stay on the ship or I go to Cafe Matisse a 2 minute walk from the pier...the food is very good and eating in the court yard really nice.

The bar has a nice selection of ales etc..so for a drink or lunch its great!

I stayed a week in Nassau at Cable Beach a few years back. My buddy and I chartered a small private deep sea fishing boat and got to talk to the 1st mate who apparently was "one of the family" We asked about some beaches and possible night life. He told us that homosexuality was illegal in Bahamas and the island is reallly not a gay friendly place. He wasn't sure about the resorts themsleves (ie Atlantis, Beaches etc), but did say within the resorts would probably be our best place to be more open.

Going to Nassua in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there is a beach that tends to be more "gay friendly" than the rest?

Thanks for posting this question. So far we don't have a favorable response, but most likely some needed words of caution.

We leave for Nassau in 24 days! I'm excited! (Two gay couples, and all of my family in tow)

Cafe Matisse sounds nice. But is there another place like it that would be just as nice but with a really great view of the water and beach? Sounds like we won't do the walking tour after all. Wish my ship had a good spa I'd make it a spa day!

its the hotel you can see just as you sail in...its not bad & you can have lunch & drinks there by the pool & beach looking out at the ships. There is also Ocean Reef - very nice - a bit of a ride..but its wonderful...check its website for facilities.....

Cafe Matisse sounds nice. But is there another place like it that would be just as nice but with a really great view of the water and beach? Sounds like we won't do the walking tour after all. Wish my ship had a good spa I'd make it a spa day!

Agree with all the other posts. Nassau is not gay friendly and Cafe Matisse is wonderful. I will be in Nassau this weekend on a weekend cruise and if it wasn't for the couple we are going with who has never been, I would rather stay on the ship.

Have a great vacation

Archived