Solstice 12/5 Star Trek

getagrip

Hi! My wife surprised me with this cruise as a 50th birthday present. First time on Celebrity and first cruise without the kids. I just discovered that this cruise has some sort of Star Trek convention going on. Should we be worried? We are really looking forward to some fun adventures, but on the Solstice, not the Enterprise!

Hi! My wife surprised me with this cruise as a 50th birthday present. First time on Celebrity and first cruise without the kids. I just discovered that this cruise has some sort of Star Trek convention going on. Should we be worried? We are really looking forward to some fun adventures, but on the Solstice, not the Enterprise!

Really depends on how many people are involved. Numbers dictate whether specialty restaurants reservations are difficult to get, even common rooms are sometimes closed for events.

I am curious what formal dress is on this cruise...

Should we be worried? We are really looking forward to some fun adventures, but on the Solstice, not the Enterprise!

There is no truth to the rumor that Solstice is getting equipped with warp drive, but photon torpedoes could come in handy on days when there are five other ships already in port:D!

Most Trekkies (or Trekkers or Trekkists) are reasonably intelligent folk from all walks of life who just share a passion for the series. Yes, they enjoy the costumes and role-playing, but are by-and-large not foamers. If you have visions of hordes of aliens running through the halls having phaser battles, or ordering gagh and plomeek soup during dinner, I wouldn't worry. Klingon Blood Wine will not be part of the beverage package. But if the bar suddenly starts serving anything green, give it a try! I hear it's out of this world!

There is no truth to the rumor that Solstice is getting equipped with warp drive, but photon torpedoes could come in handy on days when there are five other ships already in port:D!

Most Trekkies (or Trekkers or Trekkists) are reasonably intelligent folk from all walks of life who just share a passion for the series. Yes, they enjoy the costumes and role-playing, but are by-and-large not foamers. If you have visions of hordes of aliens running through the halls having phaser battles, or ordering gagh and plomeek soup during dinner, I wouldn't worry. Klingon Blood Wine will not be part of the beverage package. But if the bar suddenly starts serving anything green, give it a try! I hear it's out of this world!

Hmmmm...Klingon Blood Wine...I don't know....but I've heard that Romulan Ale is quite tasty!!:D Somehow think it would be interesting to find Worf, or Spock or McCoy walking towards me on a cruiseship....

Not a fan of big groups on a cruise I'm on but this one could be fun for all!!!

. Klingon Blood Wine will not be part of the beverage package. But if the bar suddenly starts serving anything green, give it a try! I hear it's out of this world!

But watch out if they order the Romulan Ale. :eek:

If it is anything like a normal sci-fi convention, there will be a lot of fun going on in the bars at night. They will probably be in the conference rooms during the day

The only problem is that the specialty restaurants have already been booked up by the two larger groups on board. The Star Trek group isn't the only one on that cruise. We were originally booked on the December 5 Solstice, but seeing that we prefer to dine every night in a specialty, we changed our booking to the next week.

Archived