Pugwash's First voyage on Queen Elizabeth

capnpugwash

Hi Capn, Just added a few things for my to do list after seeing the photos and reading your posts.

Book a box in the theatre on formal night, just mentioned it to Tony he said how much. I said I would go on my own, not going to miss out on this treat.

The champagne tea looked lovely, will have to do that also. Not mentioned it to Tony don't want him to stress out about the expence. lol

Catherine

Hi Capn, Just added a few things for my to do list after seeing the photos and reading your posts.

Book a box in the theatre on formal night, just mentioned it to Tony he said how much. I said I would go on my own, not going to miss out on this treat.

The champagne tea looked lovely, will have to do that also. Not mentioned it to Tony don't want him to stress out about the expence. lol

Catherine

Didn't try the box but we had enough champagne in our cabin and I am not really big into chocolate but the afternoon tea was absolutely great, even with the somewhat strange cup/glasses, and an added bonus was the winter garden which on QE seems much nicer than QM2 - or perhaps it was the champagne. :eek: :eek:

As this voyage heads towards closure I would like to address some matters on board that in our view need addressing.

A wonderful review! Many kind thanks for sharing this with us. Your encounteronboard makes me want to give Cunard another try (we've had 4 in 2 yrs) but my wife will have nothing to do with the idea. I think, in this recent post you did, you touch upon something very important. It is the little things that we as guests tend to remember the most and on Cunard it just seems to be slipping further and further with each voyage. As Grill Passengers one expects the extra you pay for. And when my wife had requested grilled vegatables with her entree and was told "not tonight" that did not go over very well. I felt the Spa experiences were incredibly oportunistic which we avoided as many people seemed to do on our trips. The numerous issues with food quality, the consistent mistakes made in our pre-planned boarding (literally..all the liqour was incorrect in our suite). Mysterious price increases in our orders...and the list goes on. We just felt the situation escalating with each trip and finally my wife said the trip was going to be different and it has been.

We are not tough people to please, though the Cunard experience was not what we had thought we would have had no trouble re-booking had there been any sign of improvement.

I am happy to read you enjoyed yourself!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Capn for the fantastic review. We will be on the 5night voyage in October and it will be our first time with Cunard - we are seasoned P&O cruisers. Your account gave us an insight into Cunard and Queen Elizabeth. We won't be in Grills class unfortunately - an A1 for us. I will look and see if you posted onboard Artemis. We had a fantastic cruise to the Eastern Mediterranean on her a couple of years ago and had a small but lovely suite.

Thanks also for the lovely photos.

Carole:)

Thank you Capn for the fantastic review. We will be on the 5night voyage in October and it will be our first time with Cunard - we are seasoned P&O cruisers. Your account gave us an insight into Cunard and Queen Elizabeth. We won't be in Grills class unfortunately - an A1 for us. I will look and see if you posted onboard Artemis. We had a fantastic cruise to the Eastern Mediterranean on her a couple of years ago and had a small but lovely suite.

Thanks also for the lovely photos.

Carole:)

Carole

I will be on the QE on October 23, is that the same one that you are on? Have you registered on the roll call thread on this site yet?

Look forward to meeting you, and yes I did a blog thing on Artemis, it is on the P&O section but there is a link on Cunard. :)

Well all packed and ready for the off! Just checked in for my flight. Really enjoyed reading all your review and also your posts. Sound advice and much more!! I really am excited now that it is all of 14 days since I booked! I can't believe it but determined to enjoy every minute of it. Interested to see how the QE compares to the QM2.

Once again many thanks. Enjoy your trip not sure if you will be away when I get back. QV? Maybe later in April

Sue

Archived