New requirement for Captain's Club-Crown & Anchor cross membership

MBMiner

In the recent "Departures" magazine, Captain's Club Select & Elite members are urged to join RCCL's Crown and Anchor Society at the equivalent level by simply calling and joining. We were also urged to do this at a recent Captain's Club gathering on board the Zenith last month. Much to my surprise when I called today, I was told there is a requirement that one have a current booking on the other line in order to acquire this membership. This has never been mentioned either in "Departures", during the meeting on board the Zenith, on X's Website or anywhere else. After speaking with RCCL and hearing this, I called X's Captain's Club to confirm what I had been told. X's representative said this was correct, and made every effort to refute my claim this requirement had not been mentioned. In any case, the promotion on this arrangement seems to have been misleading, and you should be aware of this newly-imposed requirement.

Bruce

Well, it may be poor communication rather than a new requirement. It wouldn't be the first time they had something confusing out there. Lord knows the change over to CC on the M-class ships was not very straight-forward. And neither was the idea of double credits for suites and longer cruises.

After all, while it may be convenient to go ahead and call to join while you are thinking about it, what good is the membership in the other line's club if you don't have a cruise booked? And you'll have a perfect opportunity to join when you book.

Cruises on one line do not count for the other. You simply get the benefits on both lines for the highest level you've obtained on either one. So nothing is lost by not joining in advance.

We are Diamond C&A members, but have not yet had the pleasure of sailing on Celebrity. We also were told that we need to have a cruise booked in order to join the Captain's Club, at which point we will be enrolled as Elite members and enjoy all of the benefits on our first cruise. I don't really have a problem with waiting to get the number - as far as I can tell, I wouldn't be receiving any benefits prior to sailing (other than a discount coupon in the magazine and there's no guarantee that I would be able to use it anyway).

Now I think it's a lost marketing opportunity for Celebrity - they could be sending me all kinds of promotional materials to entice me onboard sooner.

We are platinum member of RCCL, and have booked our third cruise on celebrity what category to we fit into with the Captains CLub!!!

thanks to whom ever is able to figure this out for me

Marjroie

marjmy,

If you are a Platinum Member in Crown and Anchor then you are a Select member in the Captain's Club. Once you reach the next higher level in either of the clubs, you will automatically go to the next higher level in the other.

Here is the Statement

Miami - (January 01, 2005 ) - Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean International have launched a new program offering members of their Loyalty programs Equivalent Recognition when they sail on either brand. Equivalent Recognition offers members of the top two tier levels of the programs the opportunity to sail on the sister brand and receive benefits based on their highest tier level between the brands. For example, an Elite Captain's Club member who sails onboard a Royal Caribbean ship will receive the benefits of a Diamond Crown & Anchor member and vise versa. Select/Elite Captain's Club members and Platinum/Diamond Crown & Anchor members who have never sailed on the sister brand can easily enroll in the sister's brands program at their equal tier by simply calling the Loyalty Call Center at 1 800 760-0654. The benefits of the two programs will stay independent and the number of sailing's a member has accrued on each brand will not be combined

Archived