Very short Review- Im back from the Freedom ots

I am back from the Freedom. I had a great cruise because the ports were fun and it was a good cruise. Embarkation was a breeze, food was good or a little better than royal caribbean average, ports were fun, the weather wasnt too bad, we had a good cabin attendant, and the dining room staff was good. On the negative side the ship needs a touchup, the bar staff was rude and the prices for everything onboard were way too expensive and the ship comes with much walking. Our inside stateroom (6369) was worn and the sheets were stained and the waterline of the ship was rusted out and paintless and the outside areas were worn and rusted to put it modestly.

Overall we would do it again and ask away if you have questions or need help but i have been on much older ships in better condition than this one and I was not happy with this aspect but everything else was fun and I liked the cruise overall. I may try Carnival again but if you are going soon enjoy :cool:

I am back from the Freedom. I had a great cruise because the ports were fun and it was a good cruise. Embarkation was a breeze, food was good or a little better than royal caribbean average, ports were fun, the weather wasnt too bad, we had a good cabin attendant, and the dining room staff was good. On the negative side the ship needs a touchup, the bar staff was rude and the prices for everything onboard were way too expensive and the ship comes with much walking. Our inside stateroom (6369) was worn and the sheets were stained and the waterline of the ship was rusted out and paintless and the outside areas were worn and rusted to put it modestly.

Overall we would do it again and ask away if you have questions or need help but i have been on much older ships in better condition than this one and I was not happy with this aspect but everything else was fun and I liked the cruise overall. I may try Carnival again but if you are going soon enjoy :cool:

I am glad she will go into dry dock for some upgrades before I sail on her in September. Glad you had a good cruise.

were we on the same cruise 14/11/10. We had a fab time too. I wasn't too keen on the food in the main dining but that was due to the fact we are vegetarian and the options were pretty poor. Even the waiter thought so. He complained for us. He was so sweet. Rolando. We loved you!

I thought the drinks were very reasonable... we spent $300 in a week and never went without... brilliant.

I hated Grand Caymen. I know it was raining but the place was very soul less and dull.

We had a hump cabin 9330 which was beautiful. Loved my balcony!

cruise9.jpg.d38f9dfc0a67341f1779e15ab857480b.jpg

stateroom.jpg.829fd6ca22cb12d7cdcec673a6f5fc87.jpg

Glad you had a good cruise, sounds like Freedom is getting ready for a trip to the drydock. It is amazing how quickly that happens when you operate in the highly corrosive environment 24/7

She was actually ready and scheduled for dry dock this year, but they postponed it a year, I think another ship needed the space.

She was actually ready and scheduled for dry dock this year, but they postponed it a year, I think another ship needed the space.

That makes sense. Once again great cruise just expected a little more after being on older royal ships that looked impeccable :cool:.

Archived