Does X have "Sale" events

monkeyinhat

New to X. Do they have sale events like Royal has Wow Sales where you pay lower deposits and OBC? I know Royal does it a couple times a year

If so, any ideas when ? i.e. have they just had one, do it more than once a year, etc.

Want to book a long cruise , but would be nice to get lower deposit and OBC

TIA

We must admit to being underwhelmed by the WOW sales at RCI since that company has all kinds of prohibitions about combining credits. For example, we are stockholders and can get a stockholder credit on any cruise line, but with RCI they will usually not allow our stockholder credit with a sale fare...so in the end the final price may not be very different. With X, the good deals usually seem to be with one-day fares issued on Tuesdays....and the really great deals are with last minute bookings (inside the final payment period). It also pays to shop around among several large on-line TAs (as well as the cruise line web site) since there are often deals only available from certain TAs. On a recent Holland America booking we were able to get a $1075 on board credit from one particular TA...and this was not available from the cruise line or several other TAs.

Regarding X, they also sometimes offer very attractive Military rates. X has a very liberal Military eligibility policy that allows nearly any Veteran with an honorable discharge to qualify.

Hank

Wow Hank , that is an unreal amount of obc. Are you saying that Travel Agents discount the X cruises. I know Royal doesnt allow it and we have never gotten a great obc deal with travel agents bookings for Royal. They wont let us use travel agent obc and stock holder obc both.

I don't usually mess with Royal's wow sales either as I like the balcony discounts better and book early to get the aft cabin we want . but the 15 day cruise deposit at a reduced rate would be nice and the stern C1 is way out of my price range .

Do you by chance have the site or info to the one day Tuesday fares.

X TRUE of all X ships--one anouncement a day

Except when you hear the announcements from neighboring "fun ships" in port! One time the girl making the announcements from a neighboring ship had the most shrill obnoxious voice and it nearly ruined my Mudslide! Thank heavens I didn't have to be subjected to a whole week of that :p

During our Alaska cruise they did make a few random announcements throughout the day if there were whales or other interesting wildlife sighted nearby.

Wow Hank , that is an unreal amount of obc. Are you saying that Travel Agents discount the X cruises. I know Royal doesnt allow it and we have never gotten a great obc deal with travel agents bookings for Royal. They wont let us use travel agent obc and stock holder obc both.

I don't usually mess with Royal's wow sales either as I like the balcony discounts better and book early to get the aft cabin we want . but the 15 day cruise deposit at a reduced rate would be nice and the stern C1 is way out of my price range .

Do you by chance have the site or info to the one day Tuesday fares.

His OBC was with Holland America Line ("HAL")

Archived