Carnival's Beach day at Blue Lagoon

kcparrothead

Does anyone know how many people they allow to take this excursion? It says "Limited Availability" and we may have quite a few Roll Call friends who might want to do this. Trying to avoid calling Carnival - the person who answers the phone probably won't know anyway!

I don't have any info about Carnival specifically, but book this independently! It's SO easy and much cheaper! We loved every minute of our experience and only wished we'd gone earlier so we could stay longer! We were originally going to book through the ship, but it was sold out and we're so happy we did it independently!

Does anyone know how many people they allow to take this excursion? It says "Limited Availability" and we may have quite a few Roll Call friends who might want to do this. Trying to avoid calling Carnival - the person who answers the phone probably won't know anyway!

It would depend on how many ships are in, what day of the week and what season.

Looks like you're heading there on a Thursday.. I'd check with Dolphin Encounter, but it's likely that you will be forced to book thru Carnival on a Thursday..

Email Dolphin Encounter and get the "real" information. Carnival won't know... they will only be able to tell you how many spots they have left.

We'll actually be there on a Sunday. I would rather book it independently as we do 99 1/2% of our excursions, but we don't arrive in Nassau until 8:30 am and the first boat leaves Paradise Island for Blue Lagoon at 8:30. Carnival lists the excursion from 8:30-1:00 and I'm thinking the extra $$ would give us more time over there. (Our ship, The Dream, is only there from 8:30-2pm)

We'll actually be there on a Sunday. I would rather book it independently as we do 99 1/2% of our excursions, but we don't arrive in Nassau until 8:30 am and the first boat leaves Paradise Island for Blue Lagoon at 8:30. Carnival lists the excursion from 8:30-1:00 and I'm thinking the extra $$ would give us more time over there. (Our ship, The Dream, is only there from 8:30-2pm)

yes, to be on the safe side, book it thru carnival. You would not make it to the Paradise Island Ferry terminal in time to board the first boat and the next doesn't leave until 10:30am.. leaving no time to enjoy.

We will be there on a Monday with the Glory, 7 - 2 pm. I think we will book thru Carnival. It will be our third stop there. We did sightseeing in Nassau on our own, second time went to Atlantis and ended at Cabbage Beach - really nice beach area. And now we don't know what to do. Booking Blue Lagoon seems to be a good idea - will it be worth it? Oh - it is so difficult to decide - but I don't find anything else to do there. My husband doesn't like snorkling and is afraid of open water.

Having been there in March, I'd definately do it again and given the time you're in port you'll likely be boarding the 8:30am ferry and returning on the 1pm ferry. But definately book through the ship to make sure you get back in time (and book soon because we only ended up booking independently because it was sold out through the ship when we travelled with NCL). The island is absolutely beautiful and you're able to see the dolphins and sealions with the Beach Day. You'll be catching a ferry and returning close to the ships so you won't have to go the the ferry terminal by taxi like you would if you booked independently so that will save time as well. If I were you I'd do it for sure! I'd love the chance to go back there! Just to give you an idea of time, we got to the island around 11am and took the 2pm ferry back because we wanted to check out a few things before we had to be back on board. Essentially we were there less time than you will be and as much as we wished we could have stayed forever we didn't feel like we missed anything or were rushed. I now tell people to go to the island as early as they can so they can spend more time there! Hope that helps and I hope you love it!

I wanted to add that the water is a lagoon so it was never really above my waist (I'm 5'8) so I think it's something you and your husband could really enjoy!

Thank you - that's definitely a good information. Do you think one month in advance will be fine for booking via Carnival? I agree, that due to the short time it is better to book through the ship. We are sailing in February and I thought I will book all trips beginning of January.

I'd book asap! I'm not sure what Carnival's cancellation policy is, but with NCL we could book and cancel up until 48hrs in advance I believe. Just because of the timing you're in port I wouldn't want you to miss out!

I can tell you that if you can't book with the ship (if they're sold out) you may still be able to book on your own and travel with the group from the ship - we did this! We just had to meet the reps from Blue Lagoon with everyone who had booked from the ship and they had to call over to confirm. We had to email Blue Lagoon for permission though. That may be an option for you if your ship is sold out. Just make sure you're on the 1pm ferry back and they'll make an announcement that if you're from the cruise ships to stay on board instead of getting off at the ferry terminal.

Thank you for your information. :) I have booked it! It is the first excursions that I have booked. Looking forward to that day. You helped so much. I really appreciate!!!

Glad I could help! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did (and no doubt you will)!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back last weekend from Nassau and we went to Blue Lagoon. (why is it always cloudy and cool and windy when I go to the Bahamas?) We were with what looked like a large group, but the catamaran they used to take us over to the island was huge. Everyone went to the top deck to sail over, and we had the entire bottom area to ourselves, and 5 other people. Empty. That said, on the way back, we must have been carrying alot of other people with us, as it was packed, top and bottom, but I think this boat carried at least 150 easy. I do not think they would sell out.

There was some construction going on (additional dining area) and the beach area where there is no life guard was closed off to the right, past the dock.

The hammocks were hanging, the beach clean and beautiful, the sky-dark and cloudy, the temperature cool, but DH got this great picture of the rocky side of the island. Which I cannot seem to post from work, but will do so this weekend from home.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived