Leaving Tomorrow!!

turtlegirl2

So excited!! We leave tomorrow to head to MIA for a 3-day weekend cruise on the NCL Sky (we are not part of the Cougar Cruise but we will be watching and taking pics LOL!!)

Question for you all - will we be able to easily get a cab after the cruise to take four adults to the MIA airport? I have the shuttle for tomorrow set up (we fly into FLL on the way there) but I did not do anything for the end because I hope/assume we'll be able to catch a cab at a fairly reasonable price.

If you know if this will work and the approx. price, I would appreciate that info! Thank you!!

The cabs have a fixed fare of $24 from the pier to the Miami airport.

There are plenty of cabs, so you will have no problem at all.

This is good info to have, just in case. We always take a shuttle back to Ft. Lauderdale so we can fly Southwest Airlines back to Love Field. It's so much easier for us than D/FW. Is that $24/cab or $24/per person? I'm assuming the first.

The first part of our journey is complete! We arrived in FLL @ 7pm & were met by a nice big white stretch limo!! I used the info on these boards & booked with Larry's Limos :-) very nice surprise for my group! We made our way down the interstate into Miami to the equally beautiful InterContinental hotel. Boy was I glad we traveled by limo when pulling up to this place!! A bright red Ferarri convertible was parked right in front!! Ok, we are not in KS anymore!!

After an easy, breezy check in (we got a GREAT price on the last minute travel website also discussed here on these boards) we made the 5 or 6 minute walk over to Bayside & had dinner @ the calmest Hardrock Cafe I've ever been to. Nice to not have to shout over music to talk!!

Now we are ready to call it a night & prepare for our cruise!! Thanks for the cab tips! I'm glad to hear that I can just walk off the ship & find a ride w/o much stress!!

By the way, our entire group is traveling with carry-on luggage only for this cruise!! I'm sooo impressed we really did that!!

I will try to post more later! Very excited to try out NCL & compare it against Princess, RCCL & Carnival (and get the next past-cruiser discount LOL)!!

Night all!:D

Archived