Skagway helicopter schedule

Deb0702

Does anyone know the JULY schedules for the glacier discovery helicopter tour in Skagway? I know the days are very long.. Do they start early and run into the evening when it is light out?

Also, not knowing what the weather will be like on a specific day, what time of day would one choose for best averaged chance of good conditions.. morning, afternoon, or evening?

TEMSCO is the vendor, you can ask them what their schedule is. BUT, yes, flights are available all day long.

As for your timing question, sorry there is no answer. I suggest you just book the time that fits your touring for this port best. There is no way to predict the future. There is only one vendor, and flights run full. There is very little if any walk up space, so keep that in mind. I suggest you figure out your Skagway day and what you wish to see and do, and place the helicopter trip at a convenient time.

Thanks BQ that makes sense.. I read another of your posts where you said don't try to outsmart mother nature. I thought that was funny, but I guess it's just human nature to want to try. Especially as we have the full day long in Skagway and the tour is so pricey. :)

Call them, they run from early in the morning to evening as the days are long. We did first flight it was gorgeous, later clouds came in and then it cleared up again.

I called about guessing but they claim probability of good weather has nothing to do with time, but weather and as such one can't get odds months before.

Does anyone know the JULY schedules for the glacier discovery helicopter tour in Skagway? I know the days are very long.. Do they start early and run into the evening when it is light out?

Also, not knowing what the weather will be like on a specific day, what time of day would one choose for best averaged chance of good conditions.. morning, afternoon, or evening?

Archived