Price reduction?

ripaula

Hi all,

Taking a first cruise in Feb., and today is my first day on this board. I know nothing. But, looking around I saw a few posts referring to "price drops" for their cruises. Can anyone tell me how this works? We booked thru Cruise Brothers, and there was no mention of this...

Simply keep an eye on the price of the cruise either through the web site that you booked it through or on the cruise line's own web site. if you see your category's price drop (or sometimes another category similar to yours may go on sale) call yout TA or booking agent and have them lower the price. Cruise lines price protect their clients and honor the lower price. You have to ask for it however as it is not automatic.

Hi all,

Taking a first cruise in Feb., and today is my first day on this board. I know nothing. But, looking around I saw a few posts referring to "price drops" for their cruises. Can anyone tell me how this works? We booked thru Cruise Brothers, and there was no mention of this...

It depends on the cruise line, and when you see the drop. Many will not make any adjustment if you are after final payment. It also has to be for the exact type of cabin you have. But when you see one, take a screen shot of it, and contact your TA.

Incidentally, we are not allowed to name travel agencies/agents on Cruise Critic. EM

We've taken advantage of price drops and been able to switch to a better cabin category. You have to pay attention to all categories. And as Essiesmom reports, not all cruise lines will give a refund after the final payment date. A lot of the specials that come out after final payment are marked "new bookings only."

Archived