Club Royal Texas tourn 2010

Congratulations! I'm in the tournament on Oasis next week. Ask away.

Thank you for the response. I went to the roll call but didn't really want to ask there. Has RCL told you yet how many in tourney? How many spots paying out? Also, upgrade on room was that available? I finally got a call back from them yesterday, but my info still hasn't made it from the ship. Was told takes up to a week to receive. So agent wasn't able to give me much info yet. Congrats to you as well.

I was told it will take up to THREE weeks to get your info; I called after 4 & they had it BUT I have been playing phone tag with them all week; I accidentally hung up on them Mon.:rolleyes:got disconnected Tues:rolleyes:AND they called and left ME a number to call on my voicemail but when I went to write it down today the voicemail had disappearred!!!:eek: (just hung up...didn't hit erase...)

ARGH!!! I will let you know when I get more info.

Thank you for the response. I went to the roll call but didn't really want to ask there. Has RCL told you yet how many in tourney? How many spots paying out? Also, upgrade on room was that available? I finally got a call back from them yesterday, but my info still hasn't made it from the ship. Was told takes up to a week to receive. So agent wasn't able to give me much info yet. Congrats to you as well.

Thanks - it's actually getting pretty exciting now that it's so close. We just found out last week that there are 31 tables of 9 - so 279 players in the tournament. I won my spot a year ago last July, and was told to expect about 400, but that was from another player, about an earlier version of the tournament (that they had played in). They said that the top 10% got paid, and the winner got about $40,000. That's consistent with Royal saying this tournament has a $100,000 prize pool, but we have no information on the payout structure.

Each table of 9 plays down to 2, and those 62 players move on after a break, playing in stages down to a champion. It's a fairly standard structure, with $5,000 starting stacks, blinds at $25/$50 and increasing every 30 minutes.

I had the same delay after winning before word got back to the office. After that, booking was quite straightforward. I was entitled to an oceanview double (category H?) and could switch to any other category by paying the difference. At the time, I upgraded to a balcony, and the difference was exactly the same as I saw checking rates online. In all cases, we had to pay taxes, port charges, gratuities and such, so even the base cabin wasn't free.

This booking is with a group, and I added a second cabin for my kids, through our TA. It has been a pain trying to coordinate things because of that, but nothing insurmountable. If you only get the one cabin, dealing with the group area is easy, other than their limited hours.

I'll try and provide an update after the tournament.

Archived