Cove or regular balcony on Dream

acceber32

We are booked on the Dream for January. Right now we are in room 6402; however, with all the reviews about the balconies on the Dream I am worried about the view and privacy. I am contemplating switching to a cove balcony. Two questions, 1) would you switch? and 2) Right now the cove price is more than what we paid for our 8B category would I have to pay the difference? Thanks for your help!

We are booked on the Dream for January. Right now we are in room 6402; however, with all the reviews about the balconies on the Dream I am worried about the view and privacy. I am contemplating switching to a cove balcony. Two questions, 1) would you switch? and 2) Right now the cove price is more than what we paid for our 8B category would I have to pay the difference? Thanks for your help!

Well- we are sailing on the Dream simply so that we could get a cove, so my answer would be yes. But haven't had one so can't say for sure. As far as the price- Coves have been significantly cheaper than the other balconies. This is odd.

Are you sure about the prices? Or did you get a super rate? The rates I see still seem to be cheaper for the coves. It is a downgrade- this might be impossible for you depending on what program you booked under.

As stated here .. if you are booked ES you wouldnt be allowed to switch. .. otherwise yes, you can just pay the difference or if you are downgrading, and its less, after final payment you still cant receive money back if you downgrade.

Are you before or after final payment and what rate did you book? then people can post what the options are.

If you can switch, do it.

We LOVED our Cove balcony. In fact, a Cove is the only type of balcony cabin I'd want on a Dream class ship.

My PVP kept asking if I wanted something else and I told him NO...

The views of the sea are breathtaking... worth every penny...

:)

As stated here .. if you are booked ES you wouldnt be allowed to switch. .. otherwise yes, you can just pay the difference or if you are downgrading, and its less, after final payment you still cant receive money back if you downgrade.

Are you before or after final payment and what rate did you book? then people can post what the options are.

Question ff- if you booked ES and wanted to downgrade, would they allow you to if you agreed to pay the higher rate? For example, you have an 8b balcony then decide you really wanted to have a cove, wonder if they would move you?

I am somewhere on the 6th floor with a balcony as well for the 1/1 Dream voyage and I've been wondering the same thing. I have always thought the cove balconies were too closed in so I always get a regular one but with all the posts\complaints about the lack of privacy, I am seriously considering just eating the extra money I already paid and downgrading to a cove.

I was waiting for the price to drop so I could use the credit to upgrade or have a past guest free upgrade to become available but the price has only gone up and we only have 3 weeks to go.

Question ff- if you booked ES and wanted to downgrade, would they allow you to if you agreed to pay the higher rate? For example, you have an 8b balcony then decide you really wanted to have a cove, wonder if they would move you?

No downgrades are allowed on ES...

Nope... according to Carinval NO downgrades are allowed...

Thanks x 2= your answer snuck in there before my question to you. Does seem silly- although I supposed ES could get funny to deal with. Well- we have a nice cove reserved- looking forward to it.

Thanks x 2= your answer snuck in there before my question to you. Does seem silly- although I supposed ES could get funny to deal with. Well- we have a nice cove reserved- looking forward to it.

I got an email about this some time ago and passed it on to a friend in Miami. Bottom line is that pricing rules are strict. Should someone who his booked ES want to downgrade they would have to cancel and rebook. Best case would be the $50 ding on the deposit for rebooking... worst case would be losing the entire deposit...

I got an email about this some time ago and passed it on to a friend in Miami. Bottom line is that pricing rules are strict. Should someone who his booked ES want to downgrade they would have to cancel and rebook. Best case would be the $50 ding on the deposit for rebooking... worst case would be losing the entire deposit...

I'm usually more tempted to upgrade anyway- and they rather like that. Although usually the coves are significantly less and if you could get away with only $50 pp would be worth it if you really really wanted a cove.

we sailed on the dream in june and had a cove balcony and LOVED LOVED LOVED it.... it was our first cruise and didnt know what to expect.. my opinion is if u can change do it.. we were in cabin 2322 and it was absolutely the BEST...............

just got off the dream and saw the cove balconies. the peeps liked them. i will say that i hope the seas are calm because this last week was horrendous. that friggin ship was moving side to side THE WHOLE TIME and there were 8 ft swells.

I just got off the Dream yesterday (Dec 18th) and we had two cove balcony cabins M2380 & M2382. Both were exceptional cabins! We didn't hear any door slamming nor did we hear any noise from the galley above the whole time.

Get this! We were able to get the room steward (Rico) to open the partition separating our cove balconies! We had connecting balconies!!! I was so excited to know that I received incorrect information from cruise critic members about the connecting cove balcony doors! Whooooo Hooooo! We figured out that if you have connecting cove balcony cabins, you had the heavy outside emergency safety doors that separated the balconies but if you didn't have connecting cabins, you had balcony partitions that could be OPENED! Just ask your room steward! Mine was very happy to open ours!

My family and I are figuring out dates for back-to-back cruise next year on the Dream and in the same two cabins!!! Awesome cruise!!!

I noticed one or two nights that the ship rocked slightly and it didn't last too long but the sailing (dec 11 - dec 18) was pretty smooth otherwise.

Archived