Can you store fish in the ship's freezer?

hcf

Does anyone know if some ships might be willing to store the fish you caught in their freezer? Perhaps for a fee?

Has anyone even explorered this?

We will be on the Norwegian Dream for a 10-day Alaska cruise and thought maybe we will do some fishing.

Thanks

I've never heard anyone ask this before. I don't know if this is something a ship is willing to be responsible for -- even for a fee.

But, if you catch something you should be able to make arrangements right in Alaska to get it packaged properly and shipped to your home.

According to NCL's website, the fishing tour out of Ketchikan offers processing or taxidermy services at an extra fee. It states you will need a credit card to have your fish processed and sent home. My brother-in-law and his wife did the fishing trip on Holland America a number of years ago and just gave the two fish they caught to the captain who donates them to an orphanage.

I would think this would be more of a health issue. I dont think I would want the ship taking in and storing food products that most likely were not inspected. Granted, on a personal level, fresh fish should be fine, but is it worth the risk to the passengers and crew?

I have heard of others that had their catch frozen, packed in dry ice, and shipped home to arrive after they were home.

Yes..cruised Alaska years ago (on X)and they will not store your fish for you....but ..as stated..any tour you go out with will pkg and ship your fish for you...I'm sure for a hefty $$$!

You will come out ahead if you catch and release, or if you donate the catch to the guide.

You may find a restaurant on shore that will prepare the fish you catch at a reduced fee for dinner. I know they have that at som restaurants on the coast here, especially right where the boats come in.

I would not even consider bringing fish on the ship.

Archived