wrinkle release

dillonsmimi

I have heard a few good and more than a few not so good things about Downy Wrinkle Release.

1. works great

2. doesn't work at all

3.leaves stains

a. will wash out

b.won't wash out

So, I googled a recipe.

Fabric softener and distilled water shaken to mix in an impeccably clean spray bottle.

Any comments?

We will be doing the Southern Caribbean and I have packed quite a few cotton skorts, shorts and tops. Without access to a iron for touch ups, would like to believe in this product before I shell out almost eight dollars for a large bottle (12 oz? why don't they make a smaller size?)

I have heard a few good and more than a few not so good things about Downy Wrinkle Release.

1. works great

2. doesn't work at all

3.leaves stains

a. will wash out

b.won't wash out

So, I googled a recipe.

Fabric softener and distilled water shaken to mix in an impeccably clean spray bottle.

Any comments?

We will be doing the Southern Caribbean and I have packed quite a few cotton skorts, shorts and tops. Without access to a iron for touch ups, would like to believe in this product before I shell out almost eight dollars for a large bottle (12 oz? why don't they make a smaller size?)

I have found that the Downy works well for things like cotton knit t-shirts but didn't think it worked all that well for non-stretchy fabrics. I will be taking my portable steamer with me instead. As for it not washing out of fabric I haven't found that to be true but the only thing I really use it for is my son's cotton knit t's.

1. works great

2. doesn't work at all

3.leaves stains

a. will wash out

b.won't wash out

So, I googled a recipe.

Any comments?

I use Downy Wrinkle Release when cruising and have been happy with it. I've found trial-size pump sprays of it at Wal-Mart for about $1.50 here in NJ.

I found that it sorta kinda worked, but then there was the scent that lingered. I may be more sensitive to scents than others are, because some people state they can't smell it at all!

I think it's personal preference. Buy a travel sized bottle, see if you like it. It's like anything else, what works for some doesn't work for others. A travel steamer sorta kinda works too, a little better than sprays do.

I've read about the recipe for spray before. Perhaps I should try that as I only use unscented laundry products. But I also have to state that well pressed for me is perhaps overdone for others? I work with people who don't even own a iron and I iron everything I wear.

What works absolutely the best for me is to iron well before packing, everything goes into a dry cleaner bag and I rarely need the steamer.

I iron before packing and use dry cleaner bags when packing also. As soon as my luggage arrives, I hang up everything. I also found that if something got slightly creased or wrinkled from being packed, I could hang it inside the bathroom door on the robe hook while I showered and the steam would help release the creases. For deep creases and wrinkles, I walk down the hall to the laundry and use their iron.

I think it works on certain materials and if you follow the directions.

It worked best when I:

1.) Sprayed a mist of it all over the material and let it sit for about 30 seconds.

2.) I tug the material width way first, just a quick tug all the way down the piece.

3.) Then I tug on it length wise, again just a quick pull.

4.) Repeat if you want.

5.) Hang it up and leave it for a while.

Don't expect it to instantly get rid of the wrinkles. I've used this at home instead of ironing some things. I do the steps the night before and then hang up the piece of clothing.........by the next morning the wrinkles are pretty much gone.

It works best on cotton or jersey, stretchy materials.

We brought it on some cruises, we only paid somewhere about $4.00 for the bottle. It did work if you use it as suggested. (with the little tugs). But lately we haven't bothered bringing it. If you hang your clothes as soon as they get to your room, and as others stated, hang in the bathroom if needed, or a trip to the laundry room (if the ship has one) if you have some serious issues..lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a travel size bottle of one of the wrinkle release sprays; I guess it's Downey. I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment on how it works.

But I don't even iron at home- so there is no way I would iron on vacation!

If something is really wrinkled, I spritz it with water and toss it in the dryer for a few minutes. That also works well for removing bagginess from jeans for a second wearing.

Archived