Epic's Best Dining Options?

London-Calling

Consensus? Probably not. Here's my opinion though:

Moderno - Loved the meat, and the shared salad bar with Cagneys was worth the $18 all by itself!

Noodle Bar - Everything, and I mean everything, was extremely good and very reasonably priced. Excellent potstickers (4) for only $2, and wickedly good noodle dishes

O'Sheehans - LOVED the chicken pot pie, and real good burgers too. Pretty good beer selection (extra charge) for a ship.

Not to be a lemming but my top three are the same as sdmike's.

1. Moderno (Excellent salad bar and exquisite meats)

2. Noodle Bar (Great Asian cuisine. Careful, portions are huge)

3. O'Sheehan's. (Good comfort food. Well prepared and consistently good)

After that it's

Cagney's

Sushi

MDR and Taste

Italian restaurant was not good for me.

Take care,

Mike

Moderno is absolutely the best deal on board - a meat eaters paradise with an upscale, yummy salad bar. My husband is a die hard red meat eater and yet his favorite item was the bacon wrapped chicken breast - delicious! We ate at Moderno twice during our seven day cruise!

Noodle bar is great and inexpensive for portions. We didn't get a chance to try the rice but it looked delicious!

My husband and son were addicted to the mozzarella sticks at O'Sheehan's. We also loved the sweet potato fries and chicken bites at Spice H20 after 6:00 PM (bar side).

Don't miss the hard ice cream served at the Garden Buffet - different varieties served daily and at both service stations - absolutely to die for!

Ditto on Noodle Bar - wonderful food, great atmosphere, really loved it. Want to see this on the new NCL ships!

Ditto on O'Sheehans -

Can't remember name of the coffee bar that has the case with included things like pastry and parfaits in the morning. Don't know if this was part of O'Sheehans or atrium cafe. Sometimes we'd pick one up and take back to refrigerator to enjoy later in the day. You can pay for specialty coffee or drink "plain" coffee free.

Our dinner at Cagney's was wonderful.

Good call, KJ. The pastry counter at the Atrium Cafe was a great place to grab some delicious baked goods.

I had forgotten about the ice cream too.

Another favorite for me was hanging out with my brother and father late at night in the Great Outdoors, snacking on potstickers, eggrolls, nachos, pizza, etc. Great late-night snacking (but wouldn't really call it "food". lol)

I agree with sdmike's choices. The only problem I had with Moderno was I got so full so fast. They just kept bringing meat around so fast. The quality was excellent. My suggestion is to pace yourself there which I did not do. The noodle bar gives very big portions. I was disappointed with the steak at Cagney's although the waiter kept bringing me shrimp which were really good. I liked the chicken wings at O'Shheehans although I read others didn't. The sushi bar was very good. Italian was just alright.

I agree with sdmike's choices. The only problem I had with Moderno was I got so full so fast. They just kept bringing meat around so fast. The quality was excellent. My suggestion is to pace yourself there which I did not do. The noodle bar gives very big portions. I was disappointed with the steak at Cagney's although the waiter kept bringing me shrimp which were really good. I liked the chicken wings at O'Shheehans although I read others didn't. The sushi bar was very good. Italian was just alright.

You make an excellent point about pacing yourself. I limited myself to one small plate from the salad bar before the meal, no bread, no rice, no beans. I actually went back and ate salad AFTER I was done with the meats. It was so good it was almost like desert. I also declined some of the early meats so I didn't get full before the "good stuff" got there. I just tried bites of my wife's chicken servings, the two sausages and the ribs. I figured I was there for the fillet, garlic beef and other big guns. :) I asked for my own bacon-wrapped chicken after trying hers. Actually, if you think you would feel guilty about leaving uneaten meat on your plate because it wasn't one of your favorites (this was my issue), it might be a good idea to have one in your immediate group get the item and then try it before getting your own. Just a thought. :)

Le Bistro is our favorite. We heard so many great things about Moderno but only thought it was so-so. We like our meat to be rare/medium rare and it was hard to get any pieces that weren't overdone. The salad bar was wonderful, though, and you really could get full on it by itself.

Archived