Obstructed View Cabin on Golden Princess ?

lvcruzers

Can anyone recommend an obstructed ocean view cabin that isn't fully obstructed? We are sailing to Alaska in May 2011 on the Golden Princess. Wish we could afford a balcony but the bugget won't allow it. So we would like the next best thing.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Tona*

Look at the ship deck plans and pick a room between lifeboats, and failing that near the front of the lifeboats,not tenders. LBNL, there are two threads in this forum with pictures showing the view from various rooms. I'll repost when I locate them via search.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1046705

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1095901

Check the deck plans for E 619. I've stayed in this obstructed room on the Grand and Star. It should be the same on the Golden. It's between two lifeboats and the "obstruction" was a cable hanging outside the window. The view should be the same on port side in E618. Enjoy Alaska.

Another good location are cabins E401 - E421 or E402 - E420. These are in an area that does not have any boats only equipment and the rescue boat which is smaller than a tender or life boat. Click on our Sapphire album as we had a cabin behind the rescue boat. We also have a number of pictures of the Golden exterior that show this area. You can access those by just clicking on albums and it will take you to all of our albums.

Archived