Pride 12/05-12/12/2010---Review

rrraydon

Great review! It looks like you had fun on your girls' cruise. I want to put one together for later this year. You had me cracking up with your posts about the spa raffle. $15 to remove nail polish? :eek: Have fun on your next Pride cruise next month!

Great review! It looks like you had fun on your girls' cruise. I want to put one together for later this year. You had me cracking up with your posts about the spa raffle. $15 to remove nail polish? :eek: Have fun on your next Pride cruise next month!

Thanks!

If there's one thing I won't be doing next month it's the spa raffle..:p.

• 1 year later...
Okay...let me finish this review...

Saturday we spent the day doing a lot of nothing and they girls spent a lot of time figuring out how they were going to get all their stuff in bags.

Kelly had to buy 3 large bags, one on wheels, in Freeport to haul all of her stuff!

We docked in Baltimore on time at around nine and planned the hurry up and wait game as we went through the same problems as the previous passengers with the gangways and the wind.

We didn't get off that ship until around noon.

Customs was a breeze and once we got through there it was no problem grabbing my 2 bags out of my zone. Jeff was waiting for me right outside of the building and he grabbed my bags from there. The other girls required porters and carts. Laura's stuff kept falling all over the place and the other girls told her they'd meet her at Kathleen's car. So, Jeff just grabbed all her stuff from the porter and took her with us.

All in all...we had a great time...and I can't wait until we get back on the Pride in Feb to our aft balcony...never had one of those yet!

Nice Review. How much was the Chef's table event? this is the first I've heard of such thing. I was thinking it was the same thing as David's. I would very much like to sign up for that. Please let me know thanks

• 1 year later...

We will be sailing on the Pride in August to celebrate our 18/20 year anniversary. Leaving the 4 kids at home with grandma and grandpa for the week...so relaxing is going to be sweet!

I had a couple of questions. First, the shopping thing where you get the tickets to go through for some free stuff....Was that the first or second day at sea? Is the talk on shopping worth it if you haven't gone before?

Also, do you know where I can find a list of spa services/prices ahead of time; so I can plan accordingly?

This is only our 3r cruise ever. We did RC about 10 years ago (just me and hubby)...We cruised on the Dream in 2011 with all the kids and really enjoyed it. The ship was huge though; so I am looking forward to experiencing "spirit class".

Thanks so much for sharing your trip. It is wonderful for us "soon to be on boarders"! :D

• 1 month later...
Now it was time to take a tour of the spa since some of us planned on utilizing this amenity for showering before dinner while the others used the cabin shower. The Pride spa is beautiful! I love the hot tub there, it's so tranquil. We went to the spa daily and used the steam room and sauna too. All free of course. I wish I had taken pictures of the spa..but I didn't...sorry.

After the spa tour we did the muster drill. Same old same old...but without the vests. We all stood packed like penguins for body heat since it was freezing. Didn't matter who you were standing next to...lol.

Next was the sail away but it was freezing so we went to the spa raffle instead. It was posted $500 in free spa stuff. We thought it was the prize for one person and planned to split between the four of us if any of us won. But, it was multiple drawings totaling that amount. Free updo, men's haircut, fitness stuff and the biggie that I wanted to win..a full body massage. Everytime they announced that the prize was something to do with the gym I would say to the girls, "if they call my name for that, one of you go up." So, they announce the next prize is some fat metabolizer session. I know I'm fat, I don't need their machine to tell me that. You know they called my name right? No, not for the facial or the updo and most especially not for the full body message but for the fat session..wth you gotta be kidding me. So, I gave that away and paid $130 for my massage.

Hi Donna...Do you know if you have to be present for the spa raffle? I plan on checking it out when we board, but I don't want to miss sail away. I guess they do the raffle about 4:30 then?

Hi Donna...Do you know if you have to be present for the spa raffle? I plan on checking it out when we board, but I don't want to miss sail away. I guess they do the raffle about 4:30 then?

You do have to be present for the spa raffle. I think the raffle was @ 5 or 5:30.

I did scan the flyer for the spa prices in on these boards somewhere. I will find them.

I'm sailing the Pride again this December too..can't wait!!

• 1 month later...

Thank you! What a great review....I know this was an "older" post, but I am recuperating from surgery and well, reading message boards is about all I am allowed to do for a few days!

I (we) sailed on the Pride in January of this year for my first cruise EVER/45th birthday and found your accounts to be SPOT ON! We are sailing again in 23 days and doing the same itinerary as we felt that there were still things to do in the Ports that we weren't able to last time. I also LEARNED new things to apply to this upcoming cruise! It will be sad when Carnival doesn't leave from Baltimore anymore. It is a VERY convenient port for us as we are coming from CNY!

Happy Sailing.....and since I've been "bitten" by the cruise bug, maybe I will see you on a future voyage!!!

~ Kelly

• 5 weeks later...
Thank you! What a great review....I know this was an "older" post, but I am recuperating from surgery and well, reading message boards is about all I am allowed to do for a few days!

I (we) sailed on the Pride in January of this year for my first cruise EVER/45th birthday and found your accounts to be SPOT ON! We are sailing again in 23 days and doing the same itinerary as we felt that there were still things to do in the Ports that we weren't able to last time. I also LEARNED new things to apply to this upcoming cruise! It will be sad when Carnival doesn't leave from Baltimore anymore. It is a VERY convenient port for us as we are coming from CNY!

Happy Sailing.....and since I've been "bitten" by the cruise bug, maybe I will see you on a future voyage!!!

~ Kelly

Curious to see how your cruise went...hopefully you'll be on tomorrow when you get back! :)

Archived