Group cruise on Carnival Liberty

serene56

Woo-hoo I was able to secure group space through cruise critic for the Brand New Carnival Liberty. This is a 6 days cruise--cruising during Valentines day. We leave on Sunday, February 12th from Fort Lauderdale. Our Ports include Freeport, grand cayman and cozumel. I have been working with Laura to gain me pricing. She also was able to secure us a $25.00pp deposti to hold your reservation. (if you want to pick your own cabin a 250.pp deposit will be required)

2/12/06 Liberty

Inside (Cat. 4A): $ 599 pp

Oceanview (Cat. 6A): $ 699 pp

Balcony (Cat. 8A): $ 799 pp

Mini-Suite (Cat. 11): $ 1269 pp

Penthouse Suite (Cat. 12): $ 1779 pp

Rates are based on double occupancy and include port charges and gov't fees.

Single (Cat 1A): $ 819 pp

3rd/4th rates are subject to change....currently the rates are as follows:

Inside (Cat. 4A): $ 385 pp

Oceanview (Cat. 6A): $ 415 pp

Balcony and Suites (Cat 8A, Cat. 11 and Cat. 12): $ 445 pp

Amenities

Cocktail Party

1 bottle of wine per cabin

Initial Deposit due by 3/25/05: $ 25 pp for double occupancy non-suite guarantees; $ 250 pp for all cabin assignments including single, triple, quads or suites

Woo-hoo I was able to secure group space through cruise critic for the Brand New Carnival Liberty. This is a 6 days cruise--cruising during Valentines day. We leave on Sunday, February 12th from Fort Lauderdale. Our Ports include Freeport, grand cayman and cozumel. I have been working with Laura to gain me pricing. She also was able to secure us a $25.00pp deposti to hold your reservation. (if you want to pick your own cabin a 250.pp deposit will be required)

Hey Cheryl - very tempting!! I've been looking at lots of cruises since we got back - was going to try to get a bunch of friends and family to go - not til June, 2007 when the kids of all ages will be off together - but I don't think I'll last til then - might have to do one with just Mike and I again - and Cozumel and Grand Cayman are still my 2 favorite ports - will keep this in mind - thanks . . .:)

Sometimes getting a cruise going is hard because of the deposit to put down. Too many I looked at want 250.00 down. Coming up with $500 for us to cruise is hard... $50 bucks is more do-able. So Iwill book a gauarantee with 50.00 down and make monthly payments until I can come up witht he total needed to pick a set cabin.

I hope you'll see me cruising lots after Law School too!! Between that, working full time, and 2 kids...we'll need three or four back to back to recover. Which isn't a bad idea at all. :p I'm just dying to get on a group cruise with some others from here, and none of the dates are workable yet. I'm sure though that in 3 1/2 years you guys will still be making plans. We'll jump on then. And get a wrap around balcony just because!!

Sometimes getting a cruise going is hard because of the deposit to put down. Too many I looked at want 250.00 down. Coming up with $500 for us to cruise is hard... $50 bucks is more do-able. So Iwill book a gauarantee with 50.00 down and make monthly payments until I can come up witht he total needed to pick a set cabin.

Cheryl, not exactly sure how these group cruise things work through Cruise Critic - is this something you set up or something that's already in place? I like the idea of the $50 deposit too - how does it work, when you have the rest, you pay it and can then pick your cabin?

Is this through a particular travel agent? Not sure who you make these arrangements with, who the deposit goes to, etc. Not sure if you want to post everything on this board (I have a lot of questions) or if you'd prefer I e-mail you directly. Let me know.

I'm definitely becoming more interested in this - can't stop thinking about our next cruise. Maybe we could do this one before our next big family cruise in June, 2007 - I'll never be able to wait that long.

Appreciate any more info. you can give me. Thanks.

Sue :)

Brenda: Like you said--too many people to keep names straight. Poor Colleen- Each tie she said hello to me I had to ask her who she was again. Blame it on old age.

I like sailing on New ships also. I also cant sail for 8 days since Joe can only get off 7- (damn those people for that one extra day--lol0 so the 6 days works out perfectly. another thing is--it wont conflict with superbowl so if the Eagles choke again Joe has the week to concentrate on vacations instead of the loss of a game.

That should be a good time........I was actually going to do a group on Liberty this same time but am in a group the month before so I'll do a group on Liberty in Jan or Feb 2007.[/quote

I can't wait to see what you get for us Randy, I was liking the sound of the Liberty, but my group wouldn't be ready till 2007(we cruise every other year), keep me posted if you get anything for 2007. Thanks again for all of everyone's work on the partae pirates cruise. DEBBIE

Terri: I am working on pics on the webshots page as we speak. I have to show you the ghost I took on the slide late at night. I have him on two pictures. but when I post it =he doesnt show up. and when I took it to develope it again he doesnt show up. rather bizarre.

That should be a good time........I was actually going to do a group on Liberty this same time but am in a group the month before so I'll do a group on Liberty in Jan or Feb 2007.

Hey, I might get to go in 2007! :rolleyes: Maybe I'll just leave Mark at home! (Don't tell)

Cheryl, I was so psyched and ready to put down a deposit for this cruise, when my 15-year old son announced, "No way I'm not getting left behind this time!" After he heard what a great time we had, he now wants to come with us in 2006. So, needless to say, that rules out 2/12, since he'd miss a whole week of school. And it was such a great deal!!! So I'm now thinking about trying to get a group together and doing the following week back on the Miracle. I absolutely loved it and wouldn't mind doing it agai during President's week. I just posted a new thread, so we'll see what happens. If something changes, we'll definitely be with you guys . . .:cool:

If you liked the miracle--try the Spirit or the Legend. They are all the same ship except different decor and names of the public lounges. Presidents week is a pricy time to cruise. Have you considered the week before Labor day? I find that week to be relativly cheap. (thats when we cruised before)

If you liked the miracle--try the Spirit or the Legend. They are all the same ship except different decor and names of the public lounges. Presidents week is a pricy time to cruise. Have you considered the week before Labor day? I find that week to be relativly cheap. (thats when we cruised before)

I want to try the legend in June or July, 2007 out of NY - that was our original plan. Then I got PCD and saw your post about February, and that got me going - I think I need one in 2006 - and February was such a nice time to get away from this snow! My son will be in school football camp that last week in August. I took that week off last year for vacation, and he was gone the whole week!! But thanks for the tip - I'll keep checking, but February is really in my head now . . .

I dont think I will ever take a vacation in the summer again. Going in February leaving the snow, ice behind--was amazing. We did Disney world last February and although a tad cool--it was still nice to leave the snow behind and go some place warm. Valentines week is super

Hi Serene!! thanks for your posting regarding the group we just jumped on with all of you today.. there are 20 of us yippee!! I cant wait. our ages range from 9 to 55 :) I was a little nervous at first to book this only because it's a new ship and it not mechanically weathered so to speak, as the others I sure don't want a Titanic experence :( Well I'll be coming back often counting down the days!!

woodysgrl

Woody-girl- Welcome aboard-- do you have a name?? (my real name is cheryl) joe & I are working on some really cool stuff for the cruise. Like a name for one...lol I am also working with Kevin to see what else he can do for us. I'd like to say he is impressed by what I know about for cruising.

One of the best things about cruising on a new ship== everthing sparkles. Nothing is worn down. Not even the crew..The Liberty will be sailing in Europe before we get on her so at least the ship will get the kinks out before we try her out.

Have you cruised before?

My name is Hiedi ( yes that's how it's spelled my mother likes to be different)

We have cruised on the Imag- in 2002, Victory 04 (DH & I for our anniversay) and Royal Caribbean Explorer of the seas in 03. the kids were really disapointed with RCC everything shuts down by 11pm or at least it felt that way!

ok Hiedi: I hope to remember to spell that correctly when I talk with you. lol

My kids didnt like Royal Caribbean. I liked it=whats not to like about a cruise but I do have to agree the night life of Royal is a tad off compared to Carnival. I like choices.

Archived