The Blue Lagoon

Emdee

Hi Emdee!

Many years ago, we did a Blue Lagoon Cruise in Fiji but somehow I don't think that's what you're asking about. :):)

Maybe Rangiroa? I've read great reviews (on Pacific Islands forum) for Blue Lagoon trips with Ugo of Oviri Excursions or with Leon of Pa'ati Excursions. Both operate snorkeling, diving & motu picnics that sound fabulous.

Hi Mighty,

I have sent emails to all parties. So far people booked and due to high waves the trip was cancelled. Does your trip include Rangiroa?

I dont mind the pink sands trip either. Otherwise we will likely see if we can get a day rate at the Kia Ora.

The last time we had two half days in Rangiroa and its not possible to take a longer excursion. So we did the glass bottomed boat and then jsut walked further down to a rough area and enjoyed the water though bottom was rocky.

Hi Emdee!

We go to Fakarava rather than Rangiroa on our PG cruise. But last year, we seriously considered a HAL cruise to Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas which included Rangiroa, so I did a little research & contacted a few operators. It takes forever for them to reply - but they eventually get around to it.

Pink Sands sounds wonderful, but it's a longer boat ride to get there than if you do Blue Lagoon. Or if you wanted a shorter trip, you could just go snorkeling in the natural aquarium at Tiputa. You may need to reconsider your plans to hang out at Hotel Kia Ora. They're closed for renos at the moment & not scheduled to reopen until the end of 2011.

https://eu.hotelkiaora.com/kiaora/bin/view/Main/

Hi Mighty,

I received a response from one of the operators.

A nice tour to the pink sands ( 1.5 hour boat ride) including l unch, snorkelling at the aquarium and the dolphins at the pass. Also feeding the sharks. All looks good.

If you get any feedback on fakarava let me know. At present the only option is the le Truck trip since we dont scuba.

Archived