CAS Changes

thelion

I've read at least one thread over on the Celebrity Board that was talking about impending changes to the Captain's Club. I'm wondering if there is something in the works that will have both clubs announce changes on or near the same date, such as both going to days and having the same number of levels. That way they can continue reciprocating levels?

I just did a search and found this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1246636&highlight=captain+s+club

I'd think they can still reciprocate levels no matter how each one counts. They will just do it like they do now.

Elite = Diamond

Diamond and D+ = Elite

I think the X cruisers would just like to have another level so they can come over to RCI as D+. But if RCI wants to keep the D+ level manageable, that isn't likely going to happen.

Gina

And not a single nibble in response to my last post over there.

I'd think they can still reciprocate levels no matter how each one counts. They will just do it like they do now.

Elite = Diamond

Diamond and D+ = Elite

I think the X cruisers would just like to have another level so they can come over to RCI as D+. But if RCI wants to keep the D+ level manageable, that isn't likely going to happen.

Gina

Hi Gina:

However "mere Diamonds" get greater benefits when they cruise on X than they do with RCL and top cruisers with X who would have achieved "Pinnacle" level on X ships cannot get anything beyond Diamond level benefits on RCL ships. Perhaps this is Celebrity's attempt to attract new cruisers but this certainly does nothing to attract frequent X cruisers to sample RCL ships. I was certainly amazed at the number of RCL cruisers on our recent X cruises. Crowds of 300+ in our Elite lounge (moved to a larger lounge) did not seem very manageable from our perspective.

And not a single nibble in response to my last post over there.

Hi Gina:

However "mere Diamonds" get greater benefits when they cruise on X than they do with RCL and top cruisers with X who would have achieved "Pinnacle" level on X ships cannot get anything beyond Diamond level benefits on RCL ships. Perhaps this is Celebrity's attempt to attract new cruisers but this certainly does nothing to attract frequent X cruisers to sample RCL ships. I was certainly amazed at the number of RCL cruisers on our recent X cruises. Crowds of 300+ in our Elite lounge (moved to a larger lounge) did not seem very manageable from our perspective.

I would say this is true. I think they'd like more people to book the usually higher priced X. We did the PC on X, our first and only X cruise, and that concierge class room was the tiniest room we've ever had other than an OV on Majesty.

Michaels, even with elite cruisers of just 10 cruise credits was very UN crowded. Almost boringly so except we had a few people we knew and liked in there keeping it fun for us.

I was rather embarrassed to have regular X cruisers ask us how many times we've cruised on X. It was weird to have to say it was our first time.

As small as most CL are on RCI ships, I think that's a reason they don't want to have an equivalent reciprocal level on X. But maybe they will add a new level to X as they make location and size adjustments on RCI. Or maybe they'll add it but eliminate the reciprocity.

I happen to like the large crowds. Some of the best times were when they used the viking crown lounge as an overflow lounge with a full bar and had diamond members there, too.

Gina

I have been reading this board for the last couple of days and decided that any of the changes will not have an effect on me. But they will have on some of my traveling companions. I am Diamond+ and they are Diamond and the last change had affected them.

It took me 20 years to reach D, first cruise in 1980 and 10th in 2000. When I reached Diamond there were not a lot of D members and we did not have CL access. I am not sure when they offered it to D members, I am thinking around 2003/2004 could be later. When were got the offer to go to CL it was really a surprise. We had asked the Concierge why it was offer to D members and she said they wanted to reward their best repeat cruisers with something special and RCL thought this was the way to go. (At that time there were not a lot of D members and the CL was only for suite guests). This was an honor to be invited to the CL. I even won the bottle of champagne a few times with less than 20 credits. Now there are so many D and D+ members they had to do something and I think it is the Diamond Lounge on new ships and adding to some of the older ships will change where the D+ go for “happy hour” with this new change, imo.

At this time I have 35 cruise credits and 209 nights (this is including 3 with no amounts pre C & A, but were 7 night cruises. If they don’t use them I will still be okay with 188 or if they multiply my 35 credits (3 times in a Jr. Suite) X 7 nights = 245 nights. I guess I won’t know until the change goes into effect.

I am averaging 2 cruises a year (mostly 7 nights) I figure it will take me about 35 years to get to Pinnacle, by that time I will be close to 90:eek:. So this will not be a goal of mine in the near future, we cruise because we like to cruise. Maybe when I retire I will be able to do more, but who knows we just found out as of Jan 1st, the company I work for will no longer contribute to our pension. At least it is frozen, but I still have at least 7 years left to work.:(

Barb

I have been reading this board for the last couple of days and decided that any of the changes will not have an effect on me. But they will have on some of my traveling companions. I am Diamond+ and they are Diamond and the last change had affected them.

It took me 20 years to reach D, first cruise in 1980 and 10th in 2000. When I reached Diamond there were not a lot of D members and we did not have CL access. I am not sure when they offered it to D members, I am thinking around 2003/2004 could be later. When were got the offer to go to CL it was really a surprise. We had asked the Concierge why it was offer to D members and she said they wanted to reward their best repeat cruisers with something special and RCL thought this was the way to go. (At that time there were not a lot of D members and the CL was only for suite guests). This was an honor to be invited to the CL. I even won the bottle of champagne a few times with less than 20 credits. Now there are so many D and D+ members they had to do something and I think it is the Diamond Lounge on new ships and adding to some of the older ships will change where the D+ go for “happy hour” with this new change, imo.

At this time I have 35 cruise credits and 209 nights (this is including 3 with no amounts pre C & A, but were 7 night cruises. If they don’t use them I will still be okay with 188 or if they multiply my 35 credits (3 times in a Jr. Suite) X 7 nights = 245 nights. I guess I won’t know until the change goes into effect.

I am averaging 2 cruises a year (mostly 7 nights) I figure it will take me about 35 years to get to Pinnacle, by that time I will be close to 90:eek:. So this will not be a goal of mine in the near future, we cruise because we like to cruise. Maybe when I retire I will be able to do more, but who knows we just found out as of Jan 1st, the company I work for will no longer contribute to our pension. At least it is frozen, but I still have at least 7 years left to work.:(

Barb

I think when the announcement comes out, there will be perks for different levels of D+ like they have now at 49 cruise credits (translated into days).

Archived