Last minute packing question

Hot Nail

Im getting things packed up for our cruise and I was wondering about dinner attire. Does Carnival still have "formal nights"? Also, will nice jeans, dress/casual shoes and a nice shirt be acceptable for the other dinner nights.....sorta the kind of clothes that a 30 something would we if they were going out for drinks/movie with the wife or whatever. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance:)

Carnival has given up on formal nights.. they now call it elegant night and any little bit of dressed up is fine.

long dress shorts or jeans are now ok the rest of the nights. I wear long pants, but not required any more.

The only rules are no ball caps or wife beater t shirts .. and they dont enforce this as we saw both and no one budged when the rules were announced. The only person who was mentioned was a baseball cap wore backwards, and someone said it was a gang type hat, who knows, wouldnt know one if I saw it .. but other than the backwards baseball type cap, no one said a word.

Thanks.....also, are there irons in the rooms on the Freedom?

no irons. they are a huge fire hazard. i take a small bottle of wrinkle releaser to take out any wrinkles i might have.

please remember not to pack a iron. they will confinscate it from your bag anyway.

Thanks.....also, are there irons in the rooms on the Freedom?

No cruiselines allow ironing in the cabins, due to being a fire hazard.

Carnival is one that has laundry rooms and has irons and ironing boards in those rooms which have more flame retardant walls, so you can only iron in those rooms.

I know there is one mid deck 6 and 8, as Iv been located close to them .. and there are other designated laundry rooms your cabin steward can help you find.

No cruiselines allow ironing in the cabins, due to being a fire hazard.

Carnival is one that has laundry rooms and has irons and ironing boards in those rooms which have more flame retardant walls, so you can only iron in those rooms.

I know there is one mid deck 6 and 8, as Iv been located close to them .. and there are other designated laundry rooms your cabin steward can help you find.

Cool....thx. Honestly, I've taken a mini iron with me on my last 15 cruises and they never said a thing. I was looking to save weight more than anything. I guess I will have to grab some of that wrinkle spray.;)

I couldn't agree more. Ive not been on this board fro long but it seems "firefly" seems to be a bit of a trouble maker.

I had noticed your obvious attitude on a few of your posts and wrote it off to maybe you were just young and excused your attacks....wouldnt bother with you in the future. It is against the rules to make personal attacks like this btw.

Cool....thx. Honestly, I've taken a mini iron with me on my last 15 cruises and they never said a thing. I was looking to save weight more than anything. I guess I will have to grab some of that wrinkle spray.;)

they have really put in place a more strict policy for taking things on the ship now. but, some post makes it sound like each port has its own rules on certain things. i think it depends on who is checking that day or something. i forgot too mention that i got my little spray bottle of wrinkle releaser at target. they have many great travel sizes of things there i have never seen at other dept. stores. have a great cruise.

Archived